Respected Contributor

Re: YOUR FIRST QVC PURCHASE & YOUR FAVORITE ONE?

[ Edited ]

My first purchase was in 1987.  It was a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring set in 14k gold.  The sapphires and diamonds were more like chips but it didn't matter the ring was gorgeous.  It only cost $200.  You could not buy a ring like that anymore at that price.  Unfortunately if got lost during packing when I moved from one place to another.  My favorite purchase is a patent leather Dooney and Bourke shoulder bag.  It is nice and shiny and durable.

Super Contributor

@FlyersGirl , sorry, just now seeing your last reply.  But nope, that's not it either.  There was nothing memorable about the bag.  Don't know why in the world I decided to make it my first QVC purchase. LOL!

Subsequent gold rings and earrings I bought received much more love and attention though.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Esteemed Contributor

@sugarbee 

OMG .....   I have never heard of this .... what is the brand?   Is it electric?   What is it called?   I want one!  

It's basically a "defrosting tray." It's made of metal of some kind. I've had one for about 20 years and it's still perfect.

You just put your meat or other frozen food on it and it will defrost.  When you remove the food, the tray is ice cold, which shows that it absorbed the cold. It's magic lol

They sell them all over, in stores and online. Just google defrosting tray.

Hope that helps.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@sugarbee 

OMG .....   I have never heard of this .... what is the brand?   Is it electric?   What is it called?   I want one!  

It's basically a "defrosting tray." It's made of metal of some kind. I've had one for about 20 years and it's still perfect.

You just put your meat or other frozen food on it and it will defrost.  When you remove the food, the tray is ice cold, which shows that it absorbed the cold. It's magic lol

They sell them all over, in stores and online. Just google defrosting tray.

Hope that helps.

@sunala 

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

My first purchase on QVC was a Diamonique 14K crossover ring in 1989. It was a replacement for my wedding ring I had just lost. Wore it for years and decided I didn't want to spend the big money on a new real diamond wedding ring. My favorite purchase was a set of RSVP flatware years ago. It was a big set of 18/10 stainless....we use it everyday and it still looks like new....wish they still made it but it was only made a couple of years. It came with lots of serving pieces and I use them for all sorts of things. I have a set of Michaelangelo in Sterling but decided I preferred the RSVP. Can't recall the name of the pattern. 

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

My first purchase on QVC was a Diamonique 14K crossover ring in 1989. It was a replacement for my wedding ring I had just lost. Wore it for years and decided I didn't want to spend the big money on a new real diamond wedding ring. My favorite purchase was a set of RSVP flatware years ago. It was a big set of 18/10 stainless....we use it everyday and it still looks like new....wish they still made it but it was only made a couple of years. It came with lots of serving pieces and I use them for all sorts of things. I have a set of Michaelangelo in Sterling but decided I preferred the RSVP. Can't recall the name of the pattern. 

@Duckncover 

ITA .....  Over the years I've seen some pretty sets of flatware and serving pieces, at some very reasonable prices.   

Valued Contributor

First purchase were cat snap on buttons from Jeanne Bice when Quacker Factory first became a vendor.  Don't really have a favorite.

Honored Contributor

My first purchase had to be a Diamonique ring from Kathy Levine.  She could sell me anything.  My favorite is rather incidental, the Kochblume thing you put on pasta pots so it doesn't boil over.  

Respected Contributor

@Duckncover   If you need addtional pieces of you RSVP pattern, Replacements.Com sells RSVP. They have retired patterns. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

My first purchase had to be a Diamonique ring from Kathy Levine.  She could sell me anything.  My favorite is rather incidental, the Kochblume thing you put on pasta pots so it doesn't boil over.  

@depglass 

Well, hold on to your wallet, because KL is coming back!