Respected Contributor

Re: YOUR FIRST QVC PURCHASE & YOUR FAVORITE ONE?

If I can remember that far back, I think it was a silver heart shaped etched locket.  It was in the late hours when the programming was all night long.  The operator asked me if I wanted to talk with the host that was on. I declined. Too nervous to do that. Now, I wouldn't have to be asked twice to say Hi to on air hosts. LoL!

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Hi...meant to tag you and @MrsSB 

@MrsSB Is the bag you referred to Maxx New York? The vendor rep who was on QVC is named Cherie Christmas.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak wrote:

My first purchase was a Lori Grenier jewelry box.

My favorite was a solid 14k gold bangle 

@qvcfreak 

I had one of her jewelry boxes too. Mine had movable dividers to make different sized compartments to accommodate various sized pieces of jewelry. I gave it to my sister when my jewelry collection became too large for it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 Could it be Maxx New York? I had several nice leather Maxx bags that I purchased from QVC.

@FlyersGirl 

I had a MaxxNY leather belt bag purchased from the Q.
I liked that it was flat instead of bulky like the old fanny packs. I wore that belt bag on every field trip when I taught school. Held up well. Donated it when I retired from teaching a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember lots of the brands and items mentioned here. Lots of memories. 

I started watching the Q and HSN in the 80s. My first HSN purchase was a gold chain that I still wear today. I'm not sure what my first Q purchase was. I think it was either Proactive or QF.

My favorite purchase is the Bethlehem Lights plug in window candles. I have replaced the bulbs over the years, but they still work, and I use them every winter and during the Christmas season. I've thought about switching to the battery operated version to avoid cords, but the ones I have are fine. 

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I've been shopping with QVC for about 40 years.

My first purchase was a Susan Graver peachskin skirt (which I probably wore a million times)

.My favorite buy was a Bolshoi "Nutcracker"  sweatshirt I bought back in the 90s. I've been wearing it every Christmas season since; it still looks great.

@insomniac2 

I had a few pairs of her peackskin elastic waist pants. I was recovering from abdominal surgery, and I couldn't wear any kind of zip fly pant for months. Those pants were lifesavers to me when I returned to work. I gave them to my mother when I finally started wearing tailored trousers again, and she wore them for years too. 

Honored Contributor

Can you go back that far, to see what you initially purchased?    My first purchase would have been in the late 90s.  It was probably a jewelry item.   The absolute best fine jewelry, and gemstones, were found on ValueVision back then (now it's ShopNBC or something - haven't kept up).  They had such amazing fine jewelry.

Probably one fav was that I got my first Tivo on QVC.  It was that Toshiba model combo DVD Player with Tivo software.   That lead me to further Tivo purchases and I would hate to be without them.

I'm sure I have some fav fine jewelry purchases, too, but memory fails me as to details.

Respected Contributor

My first purchase was a San Francisco Music Box. I think it played Some Where Over the Rainbow. I have no idea what happened to it. Probably it broke and I trashed it.  My favorite purchase was a 3' Bethlehem Lights gum ball Christmas tree. The lights were round and shaped like gum balls. It had a controller that allowed you to change the lights from steady to fading and blinking. I put that tree up every year for years and each year I prayed that it would work. Well two years ago it stopped working. I hated that. I checked Bethlehem Lights, and Ebay for another one to no avail.  

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry, I can't remember my first, @Tinkrbl44 -- although think it was probably sterling jewelry of some kind.

My favorite might be the Belleek Floral Springtime 10 inch bowl, which has a flower, bee, dragonfly motif, including a sculptured butterfly that lifts right off the surface.

It's long been out of stock at QVC, but I snagged an image of it off of Poshmark online:

m_61acc5d06f6c917d5b3788db.jpg

It's my favorite because I love the soft colors of Belleek, and the size of the bowl and the little pedestal give it a surprising impact.

For spring, I have it flanking my bronze clock on top of living room cabinet;  I always have to have two things flanking that clock, as if it were a "mantel"--   so at the other end of the cabinet I have another creamy piece that coordinates, the Wedgwood creamware jug with dog handle. 

Honored Contributor

I can't remember my first purchase.  There used to be a TV channel called something else that became either HSN or QVC and I remember buying a red/white stripe top from.  My favorite purchase, and I don't know if it came from HSN or QVC, is a spade headed shovel.  I have heavy clay that is full of roots and rocks, so it is my go-to shovel.