Honored Contributor

Re: YOUR FIRST QVC PURCHASE & YOUR FAVORITE ONE?

If I recall correctly I purchased a beautiful knit top for my mother and all the ladies at the nursing home were compimenting her.  It made me feel good and my mother too.

One of my favorite purchases was by Philosophy, a makeup kit which they no longer sell and when the origiinal owner was still on TV.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I think my very first purchase was long long ago... a gaudy awful sparkly watch... my next was a 8 track tape rewinder that looked like a car.... SERIOUSLY!  LOL!

Regular Contributor

My first purchase was a Thomas Vintage wall phone for my kitchen.   Still there all these years later.  My 11 year old grandson was over here a couple of weeks ago and asked me about it.  Told him it still works and let him call his mother on it.  Had to press the numbers but at least he knew her cell phone number.

As far as my favorite I would have to say my total gym that I bought over 22 years ago.  The only old thing I have that is still around and working besides my phone.

Respected Contributor

I don't remember what I first bought, but I do use my Black and Decker hand vac every single day, a great and favorite purchase! Lots of clothing, makeup, shoes and bags through the years too!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

Fun thread!  

I didn't grow up with cable TV so QVC wasn't really on my radar until my late 20's.  That's when the love affair began for me, late 1990's.  I've purchased many beloved items, but one of the silliest has to be this Homedics Indoor wind chime!  I still have it!  Granted, it's in my basement, and I don't use it.  I even tried to sell it at a garage sale, no takers, so I figured it's a sign that's it belongs with me.  As I type this, I wonder why I don't use it....maybe tonight I'll fire it up while I'm using my Total Gym, also from QVC about 20 years ago!

Capture.GIF

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Esteemed Contributor

I am a long time shopper with QVC.  I don't remember my first purchase.  It was likely a piece of jewelry.  I do remember watching Lisa Robertson selling a pair of earrings I liked.  I did not buy them at the time - this was all new to me 1 and I thought the earrings would be available forever, LOL!

I am thankful to QVC to introducing me to the Philosophy line.  I continue to buy it (mosty face wash & I love Amazing Grace) on QVC or the Philosophy website, when there is a good value.

Of all the things I have, I really love my Susan Graver dresses.  For the family, everyone really likes the battery organizer case.  I have a lot of flameless candles around the house too, and those are nice.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 , Nope I remember those shows later on and it wasn't Bruce. It was just one word like 'Moderna' or something but not the drug company, LOL!

Anyway, nothing that became very popular. I was never much a handbag person.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Could it be Maxx New York? I had several nice leather Maxx bags that I purchased from QVC.

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 Could it be Maxx New York? I had several nice leather Maxx bags that I purchased from QVC.

@FlyersGirl  

Maybe ....  what do you think, @MrsSB ?

Regular Contributor

My first purchase was a Loni Anderson ring with a pretty pink stone.