Respected Contributor

Re: YOUR FIRST QVC PURCHASE & YOUR FAVORITE ONE?

I've been shopping with QVC for about 40 years.

My first purchase was a Susan Graver peachskin skirt (which I probably wore a million times)

.My favorite buy was a Bolshoi "Nutcracker"  sweatshirt I bought back in the 90s. I've been wearing it every Christmas season since; it still looks great.

Regular Contributor

My mother was a QVC shopper as long as I can remember.  My first purchase was more than likely a gift for her. I do not purchase much for me.  My favorite personal item from QVC was an 18k gold cross and chain given to me for confirmation many years ago.

Honored Contributor

@sugarbee wrote:

It is called ThawExpress and it is not electric.  Just place the food on it and whatever it is made of it will expedite thawing.Defroster.jpg

@sugarbee 

What a great invention!   Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@sugarbee wrote:

It is called ThawExpress and it is not electric.  Just place the food on it and whatever it is made of it will expedite thawing.Defroster.jpg

@sugarbee 

No listings for this on QVC or Ebay, so maybe you should keep it under lock and key when not in use.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

I have been buying from QVC since 2003 or so....I have no idea what is my first purchase and I really don't have a favorite.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sugarbee wrote:

@sugarbee 

No listings for this on QVC or Ebay, so maybe you should keep it under lock and key when not in use.  LOL 

I don't know how fast that works, @Tinkrbl44, but I defrost meat on an aluminum cookie sheet.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems like forever that I have been shopping QVC. Most of my purchases were from outlet stores (Frazer, Lancaster, Drexel Hill/store closed now and Prices Corner Delaware/store closed now). 

I think my first off air purchase was a sterling silver ring with 2 heart shaped blue topaz stones from a Silver Style show. My favorite purchases are an 18k Tanzanite ring (3.13ct Tanzanite and .75 ct diamonds) and an elephant coin pendant (24k, surrounded by an18k white gold plate, an 18k heart shaped frame and a burnished diamond) that I bought for my Mom who loved elephants. Both items were featured on "Once in a Lifetime' jewelry shows and I found both of these at QVC outlet stores. 

As an aside, I was watching an old Stranger Things episode the other night and saw the Pooping Moose in one of the shots. (the show takes place in the 80s) 

Honored Contributor

i watched for at least a year before I decided to buy anything.  Most likely my first purchase was a pair of D&C pants, QF top, a ring or Fenton glass.  The shows were entertaining and my knees hurt too much for me to enjoy walking around the malls.

Super Contributor

I watched QVC for the first time in 1997 and my first purchase was made shortly thereafter.  It was some handbag or other.  I don't remember the brand but it started with an "M". 

After that I pretty much just bought jewelry and beauty items.  My favorite is a pair of 14k gold earrings, chubby huggy hoop style, nicely finished smooth inside. Also a pair of Beverly Hills Gold leverbacks. So different from the huge skinny hoops and shoulder dusters popular today.

Another fave from way back is a pretty 14k gold Morganite ring, ballerina style, surrounded with Rhodolite Garnets. I rarely wear these days usually opting for my 5 stone anniversary band on right hand.

I don't buy anything anymore. 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Honored Contributor

@MrsSB wrote:

I watched QVC for the first time in 1997 and my first purchase was made shortly thereafter.  It was some handbag or other.  I don't remember the brand but it started with an "M". 

After that I pretty much just bought jewelry and beauty items.  My favorite is a pair of 14k gold earrings, chubby huggy hoop style, nicely finished smooth inside. Also a pair of Beverly Hills Gold leverbacks. So different from the huge skinny hoops and shoulder dusters popular today.

Another fave from way back is a pretty 14k gold Morganite ring, ballerina style, surrounded with Rhodolite Garnets. I rarely wear these days usually opting for my 5 stone anniversary band on right hand.

I don't buy anything anymore. 

@MrsSB 

Back then, it might have been Makowsky ... Bruce Makowsky.   He had handbag TSVs practically every week!