Honored Contributor

YOUR FIRST QVC PURCHASE & YOUR FAVORITE ONE?

[ Edited ]

After reading the thread about long time viewers, I realized many of us have a long and varied purchase history with QVC.

So, for fun .... two questions:

1 - What was your First QVC purchase?

and ...

2 - What is your all-time favorite QVC purchase, ever?  

I bet we'll get some interesting answers .....  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: YOUR FIRST QVC PURCHASE & YOUR FAVORITE ONE?

I actually cannot remember exactly.  I am sure though it was jewlery as that was the only thing way back when that I used to purchase.  I remember my HSN first purchase, which was a 14k gold necklace.   My all time favorite purchase, that's a tough one.....  I guess I would say my Aran sweaters.  Thank you for asking, I do think it's an interesting topic.

Honored Contributor

Here are mine:

FIRST .... the Aero Pilates machine, demonstrated by Marjolin.

FAVORITE ...  A flat truck / dolly that folds almost flat.  It has a padded handle and large wheels.   Very sturdy.  The cart could hold up to 300 pounds and cost only $39 at the time!  Fantastic for moving heavy things, very well made. 

SO glad I bought it because I've used it and lent it to friends many, many times.  (no brand name on it, I just checked)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My first was a Joseph Esposito necklace with changeable stone pendants.  My favorite is a set of silicone spatulas.  They haven't been offered for sale on QVC for 25 years.

Honored Contributor

I'm one of those old timers who was here at the beginning. I'm really not sure what my first purchase was, but if I had to guess it would be a gold herringbone bracelet.  I have two favorites off the top of my head, one was a D&Co. green denim coat with toggle buttons. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on that garment. Another would have to be my gold charm bracelet. The Q used to sell really lovely charms and I built quite a substantial bracelet. I certainly couldn't afford it now , but then it wasn't such a major purchase. It was fun watching back then, but now to the website I go. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

My first QVC purchase was a sweater, tan and Ivory stripes.  That  was over 30 years ago.  I purchased thousands of items since then.  I can't give you a favorite. 

Honored Contributor

At the time of my first Q purchase, I had a sleeping infant upstairs that is about to turn 41 years old!  I watched Q while he slept.

My first purchase was likely Susan Graver liquid knit which really worked in the 1980's.

Later, I almost bought everything from Rachel Zoe.

The items I am most pleased with are Philosophy Purity, IT Eyebrow, and L'Occtaine hand cream. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't remember my first purchase, but a watch was pretty close to the first, possibly, 1987, and my favorite.   

Solid sterling silver chunky link bracelet watch. It was called a mariner's, but doesn't look anything like those today.  The case and face more like something that was worn long ago.  

Bracelet is 3/4 inch wide and large open links are around 3/8 inch thick.  Round watch case is 1 3/4 inches in diameter, all solid uncoated silver.   

I remember, the number available was very limited, sold out quickly, and did not return.   

QVC has offered other silver watches by Eclissi, but haven't seen anything like this again at QVC.  This one is not Eclissi.  We don't see the unique chunky solid gold and silver pieces anymore.  

Beautifully made and definitely, a good investment.

Honored Contributor

All of your memories amaze me!  I have no idea how long I've been shopping at QVC and no idea what my first purchase was or when.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee I still enjoy wearing my Ecclissi watches also.  They are unique in design.