Honored Contributor

YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAMES?

[ Edited ]

I'm guessing that, with people spending more time at home, they might be playing more board games.  My favorite has always been Scrabble, but would like to know what you have going at your house?  Have you tried anything new?  I just found a Yahtzee game in a closet, but don't recall ever playing it,  Woman LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAMES?

Scrabble is the top favorite around here along with Scattergories and a really old game called Facts in Five.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

My family pulled out Family Feud over the weekend but our go to is actually more card games like pennies.  

Frequent Contributor

Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, and Monopoly.

Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I like to play Scattergories at Christmas and Blokus, but this is more fun & easier with 4 people.  We mostly play cards,  but now we are still safe distancing  so we can't play anything right now.

Trusted Contributor

Yahtzee isn't exactly a board game, but, it's my favorite. Sometimes, I've even  played it by myself, trying to improve my skills 🤔

I'm almost at the point, of refusing to play with my SO.  

He's either the luckiest Yahtzee player on earth,or, he's a master - he humiliates me 🤣

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Backgammon is my game. I'm also interested in that TIcket to Ride game. It seems like it could be fun, and something new. Haven't gotten it yet. Anyone played it? Was it fun? Hard to learn?

Edited to add: I kind of favor games where there's a slight sadistic side to them. Like Spite and Malice with cards. And backgammon can be played that way too. When you keep sending a person's pieces back up on the bar and block all the spaces so they can't get out again. It's a good outlet for aggression and competitiveness that wouldn't serve me well elsewhere.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Havent played in years, but Monopoly has to be at the top of my list.  My little grandsons are getting into Candyland and Chutes and Ladders.

Esteemed Contributor

Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit.

Respected Contributor

My very favorite board game is Monopoly. Sadly, no one else ever wants to play it.