Super Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

Another mattress!!!  GEEZ!!!

Why the faux surprise?  We all know that this is one of the regular TSV rotations -- particularly on weekends.  As long as they sell well, things are not going to change.

It seems almost silly to see posts like this each week complaining about the TSVs or the repeated showings of certai products.  First, they continue to sell, and that will always be what is most important to QVC.  Second, it is simple to change the channel; it is not necessary to sit and watch QVC all day.

It's just as simple for you to ignore a post such as this one...it is not necessary to stay on these forums all day..

Respected Contributor

The weekends are very predictable...

Honored Contributor

Since they have mattresses on so often these days (or so it seems), I wonder if they carefully select which hosts to tout which brand, since the hosts seem to swear by the mattress they are presenting!

Respected Contributor

Items sold on the Q on Sunday seem to be less than desirable to me.  I take Sunday as a day of leisure.  Lots of walks, visit my BF to catch up on her goings on, watch movies on Tivo or spend the day with my kids who have busy schedules, but Sundays off.

If all else fails, I go to the library, grab a bunch of books, cozy up on the sofa and read.  Time goes by and before you know it, the sun is setting and somewhat decent TV viewing is available (not on the Q).

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

this is just one of the reasons why mattresses are featured on qvc.... so it really isnt a surprise at all.

Our household and garden categories also performed strongly, with impressive results from home security and fitness. In home decor, we saw strong performance from Northern Nights bedding and Select Comfort and Serta mattresses. These gains were partially offset by continued underperformance in jewelry and consumer electronics, and softening results in kitchen cook. (2nd quarter results, 2016)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-qvca-earnings-conference-035115919.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

this is just one of the reasons why mattresses are featured on qvc.... so it really isnt a surprise at all.

Our household and garden categories also performed strongly, with impressive results from home security and fitness. In home decor, we saw strong performance from Northern Nights bedding and Select Comfort and Serta mattresses. These gains were partially offset by continued underperformance in jewelry and consumer electronics, and softening results in kitchen cook. (2nd quarter results, 2016)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-qvca-earnings-conference-035115919.html

It is always hard for me to believe that so may people buy mattresses on line and not try them out first.  Sad that such boring presentations are the ones that lead to sales.  Obviously, nothing will change about their limited product offers.

Valued Contributor

QVC must be making tons of money on these mattresses.  They are on all the time.

Do people really buy mattresses without trying them?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Thanks for this @sunshine45 as it was very informative.  I have always enjoyed ITKWD but for the past year or so I barely last a half hour and I am on to something else.  There really is nothing new or exciting in the show (at least for me) and as much as I enjoy David as a host, I find myself changing to another channel.  I don't mind watching presentations that I am not interested in (like Temptations or Vitamix) but when they take up virtually half of the show I just can't stick around . . . Smiley Sad

Bummer.

Respected Contributor

Serta Sundays!

click.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hang in there @nana59. You'll get your reward on Monday when we have Fall Fashion Fest (whatever that is).  No, refreshments will not be served.

Thanks for giving me something to look forward to!!!  lol.......