Valued Contributor

In case you haven't picked one up for your GIFT CLOSET, you have another chance on 8/23 😀

Trusted Contributor

Re: YET ANOTHER VITAMIX TSV!

@stazgirl wrote:

In case you haven't picked one up for your GIFT CLOSET, you have another chance on 8/23 😀

@stazgirl  Oh I stocked up last visit....bought 10 for the gift closet....you know,the mailman and the kids teacher....

Super Contributor

In some ways I agree, but I am grateful that I watched again a few months ago and finally succumbed.  My Vitamix is a marvel, my "forever" blender.  So repetition in advertising does work, at least it finally did for me!  However, I do not have an extra 10 or so in my emergency gift closet.

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

QVC sells to millions of customers, and while some people may get tired of the VM, the fact of the matter is thadt QVC sells tens of thousands of these expensive blenders every time they have it as a TSV.

If you are a retailer such as QVC, and your goal is to make money, why would you not continue to feature this product?  Just because a few people on the boards -- boards which represent only a tiny slice of the QVC customer base -- are tired off something does not mean QVC should stop.  After all, QVC is in business to make money -- not entertain or or alleviate our boredom.

Honored Contributor

This past weekend, Wolfgang Puck was on HSN.  I had the TV on Sunday afternoon and he presented his commercial grade blender.  They had a Vitamix on the counter next to his and continually compared his to that by calling it that Vita something mixer that costs several hundred dollars.

WG and Colleen both said his is identical in the motor, parts, etc. as the Vitamix but his was only $149.00 (on sale for the visit).  

I own neither so I can't say but it might be worth a look for the price difference.     

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

QVC sells to millions of customers, and while some people may get tired of the VM, the fact of the matter is thadt QVC sells tens of thousands of these expensive blenders every time they have it as a TSV.

If you are a retailer such as QVC, and your goal is to make money, why would you not continue to feature this product?  Just because a few people on the boards -- boards which represent only a tiny slice of the QVC customer base -- are tired off something does not mean QVC should stop.  After all, QVC is in business to make money -- not entertain or or alleviate our boredom.

OH< DON't GET ME WRONG< I am all for them advertizing it, because yes, it DOES sell well, I just think that having it as a TSV so often is overkill, Have it on EVERY kitchen show if they want.  The Q has thousands of other product lines that are never featured as TSV"S,   And, YES< I KNOW, they are a business out to make money, I only WATCH if it is something I am interested in, not as entertainment or "background noise"  THAT said, I also DO NOT shop at the big box stores that have the same old same old on sale every week,   mix it up.  

Trusted Contributor

I used to scoff at the price....didn't even watch an entire presentation. Then, they happened to be doing live presentations and tastings one day when I was at a Williams-Sonoma store. I was SO impressed that I ordered one from QVC the very next time it was a TSV. I have never regretted this purchase; it's one of the best things I have ever bought.

I love when it's a TSV because I always pick up new recipe ideas.
Valued Contributor

I donot think the price is high for all it does, I think it is a good product and if I still had lots of people to cook for would probally buy one.  I just think it could (as with lots of other constant TSV's) be showcased in shows and give room for other products to be TSV's that's all.  NOT by any means knocking the Vitamix itself.  Guess I should have just included all repetitive TSV's.  For instance.  I am a Dooney girl.  Have a couple doz of them (from the Q and from retailers)  I think DOONEY"S have too many TSV's  AND I LOVE THEM!  but overkill is overkill,  Thousands of other products could be showcased.   JMO.

Honored Contributor

LipstickDiva wrote:

This past weekend, Wolfgang Puck was on HSN.  I had the TV on Sunday afternoon and he presented his commercial grade blender.  They had a Vitamix on the counter next to his and continually compared his to that by calling it that Vita something mixer that costs several hundred dollars.

WG and Colleen both said his is identical in the motor, parts, etc. as the Vitamix but his was only $149.00 (on sale for the visit).  

I own neither so I can't say but it might be worth a look for the price difference.     

Uh oh, it's baaack!  I remember before when Puck had his blender that they, ever so slyly (NOT!), compared to the Vitamix.   They lauded its high horsepower and all that.  Well, higher horsepower doesn't mean blip if you have cheap parts.

It turned out that it was smoking and catching fire on people.   Needless to say, they pulled the old reviews but some of them were pretty funny.  People said stuff like how it smoked and burned but - I LOVE IT.  Um, okey dokey.  ha!

Anyway, maybe they re-tooled it and made it less perilous.  But I still wouldn't trust it.  His electrics really run hot (sometimes with fire and stuff) and cold.

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Uh oh, it's baaack!  I remember before when Puck had his blender that they, ever so slyly (NOT!), compared to the Vitamix.   They lauded its high horsepower and all that.  Well, higher horsepower doesn't mean blip if you have cheap parts.

It turned out that it was smoking and catching fire on people.   Needless to say, they pulled the old reviews but some of them were pretty funny.  People said stuff like how it smoked and burned but - I LOVE IT.  Um, okey dokey.  ha!

Anyway, maybe they re-tooled it and made it less perilous.  But I still wouldn't trust it.  His electrics really run hot (sometimes with fire and stuff) and cold.

Woman LOL     "flaming soup?"