Esteemed Contributor

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING! SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoudWhen are arrests of criminals not done?  When they can't be found?  I do know what you're talking about when you refer to early release but since when do we not arrest criminals?  What the Judge does is no fault of the police.  They arrest; people get bailed out. 

Our system of justice isn't perfect of course, but it's better than many others.

Have you not heard of the times police have been told to stand down?

Yes @ThinkingOutLoud .  When people are protesting people have a right to do that too.  But then again, they don't do that all the time either.  Protesters are routinely arrested when in many cases they shouldn't be.  I'm speaking of peaceful protesters.  Not agitators that come in and make it harder to get a message across.  Otherwise, no. 

I think I've said all I need about police not arresting bad actors w/ you.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@gertrudecloset,

How awful!

I'm glad I didn't read this before I went.

I did feel like there was a lot of tension in the airport and in the security lines

though it also seemed everyone was trying to not show it.

There was a guy on his phone while waiting for the plane to arrive and a loud announcement near him to wear a mask at all times unless eating. So he is the one guy without one.

Then I watch this same guy board the plane as the flight attendant repeated on her microphone bout 4-5 times, you must wear your mask over your mouth and nose at all times, while one guy saunters in looking at her with his mask below his nose and the phone guy the same who said "Why am I here"? with a smile after he went past her as if he was talking to his audience. Then the flight attendant kept looking in the back and repeating her announcement. 

I thought oh jeez, here's a guy just hoping for a fight.

Fortunately that is all that happened.

I think the flight attendants were just hoping and letting things go and not confronting anyone specifically.

@on the bayit's really nuts.  People have this self rightgeous indignation and it takes on a tone of "me, me, me, me."  They don't care about others around them.  Self entitled and importance they've given themselves in many instances.

Respected Contributor

Those killed have been identified: 

Paul Delacruz Megia, 42

Taptejdeep Singh, 36

Adrian Balleza, 29

Jose Dejesus Hernandez III, 35

Timothy Michael Romo, 49

Michael Joseph Rudometkin, 40

Abdolvahab Alaghmandan, 63

Lars Kepler Lane, 63

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

Sadly, it is another day in America.

Mental health is always thrown around in these instances.  Other countries in the world surely have their share of mental illness and yet these shootings/mass shootings seem to occur primarily in our country.

I wonder why?

@Mersha Possibly because they are taught to respect other individuals and have laws and consequences that we seem to ignore.  Maybe in other countries it isn't a ME ME ME world?

Also, other countries have stricter gun laws, and the citizens don't have easy access to guns.

That's  all that  will say about that.

@Anonymous032819 The decision to harm others available.  Why isn't it as used in other countries?  Where do we fall short on that?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

For the life of me, I can't figure out what paroling prisoners or so-called "catch and release" has anything to do with what has been occurring with ever increasing mass killings.  To my knowledge (limited though it may be), I don't recall any of these murderers having prison records and being sprung on the innocent public.

Most are disgruntled employees, students or people with twisted outlooks on life, blaming others for their own shortcomings.

They don't go together @RoughDraft .  It's a simple deflection of the facts.  My lying eyes don't read about mass killings.  They happen because they took away someone's police department in the Midwest or Northeast.  So, so, so they don't arrest them.

Since the post was discussing violence in general, the comments are relevant.  Perhaps you should see the reasons why  Walgreens is pulling out of San Francisco and the policies there.  Violence is up all over the country.  Apparently you choose to look at isolated incidents and ignore the much bigger problem.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@persiflage wrote:

These discussions are usually pretty much the same.  People have their position and there really isn't any room for dialogue.  

What I always wonder for those who believe that more strict gun laws would end mass shooting is:

Do you know the gun laws in your state

Are there gun laws existing in another state that you believe would make your state safer

Do you take any action to create change, work toward new laws for your area

Are you waiting for someone else to do something

Not really asking for answers from anyone but time and again I wonder if the people who are so passionate about this issue engage or just share their viewpoint

There is Moms Demand Action and many other organizations to join and effect real change.Just have to keep trying.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

For the life of me, I can't figure out what paroling prisoners or so-called "catch and release" has anything to do with what has been occurring with ever increasing mass killings.  To my knowledge (limited though it may be), I don't recall any of these murderers having prison records and being sprung on the innocent public.

Most are disgruntled employees, students or people with twisted outlooks on life, blaming others for their own shortcomings.

They don't go together @RoughDraft .  It's a simple deflection of the facts.  My lying eyes don't read about mass killings.  They happen because they took away someone's police department in the Midwest or Northeast.  So, so, so they don't arrest them.

Since the post was discussing violence in general, the comments are relevant.  Perhaps you should see the reasons why  Walgreens is pulling out of San Francisco and the policies there.  Violence is up all over the country.  Apparently you choose to look at isolated incidents and ignore the much bigger problem.  

@CrazyDaisyViolence is violence and is inherent in mankind.  It's always happening.  What you don't realize is that we are not always privy to what is going on.  How about you go camp out at your local precinct to see what goes on (on a daily basis)? 

Mass killings being the worst kind.  This is the kind that involves people that didn't do a thing to the shooter.  Killing and maiming people all at one time is the worst of the worst in this country and we call ourselves civilzed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I hardly find it surprising at all... states are making having a gun easier and easier all the time.....

Easier for whom? Criminals have never had a problem finding guns. Laws are for people that follow them, who generally are not criminals.  

I have my gun within reach at all times in our home. It has yet to start firing bullets around our home. It sits there just like my coffee mug, an inanimate object. One is called a weapon sitting there, the other is called a beverage container. Both just sit there until I actively move them.

john(hckynut)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I am considering purchasing a fire arm and taking gun lessons.With all the crime and mayhem, I will feel more comfortable. 

States with outrageous crime, are states with the most gun control. 

Gun control only keeps guns out of the hands of innocent people.  

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't CA a state with the most gun control?