Valued Contributor

Re: YET ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING! SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA

Sorry hit wrong button. Then the coward killed himself!
Esteemed Contributor

A regular Wednesday in America and it is never going to change.

Tragic and ridiculous, yes, but today's massacre won't change a thing. 

Seems a gun is the first choice to solve everything, someone cuts you off, pull a gun;  problem at work, shoot them; a fight that, years ago, would have resulted in a broke nose or teeth knocked out, now people shoot.

People are nuts, I'm not talking mentally ill, I mean bat-**** crazy, up is down, in is out looney tune crazy.

Last week in Maine, I believe, a 3 yr. old found a loaded gun on a night stand.  Mom got shot in the leg and Dad got bullet fragments in his head, both will live.  At least the kid didn't accidently shoot himself. I still say you should pass a basic IQ test to procreate.

Honored Contributor

I personally do not know anyone who has been shot, much less killed. Do you?

I do personally know people who have been permanently hurt and someone who was killed in traffic accidents.

Valued Contributor

I sure hope no one says the coward was mentally disturb. He had it together to set his home on fire to destroy evidence.
Honored Contributor

I don't know anyone who has a gun and I also don't know anyone who has been seriously hurt or killed in a traffic accident or shot.  That could end anytime.

Honored Contributor

Getting our news now out of Philly (at the NJ Shore), it's unbelievable the killings in that city.

Already 200 homicides and it's not even the end of May.

The amount of shots fired to kill someone yesterday was like 35.  

To pull the trigger 35 times.  On one person.  That's a sick hatred.  (Not mental illness.)  A brazen, hatefilled attack.  

It happens daily there.  

Where else?  Are you seeing a rise in homicides in cities near you?

That's like a mass shooting on one person.  

The 2nd Amendment and gun rights are always mentioned.  Do they ever look into how these people voted?  Are they voting for gun rights?  Or not?

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain   Sadly, yes, several shootings in this county and I have known some of the victims.

One of our divorce clients shot his soon to be ex-wife.

A mile from here a teenage girl and her boyfriend killed her parents and 12 yr. old brother.

A man shot his 8 yr. old daughter and then killed himself. 

There have been others also.  So much for the quiet rural life.

Super Contributor

Talking heads will be on tonight arguing once again as to what can be done.  The powers that be will come on and express their prayers to the families, blah, blah.  Rinse and repeat.  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Many more people are killed by cars so perhaps they should be outlawed and everyone take mass transit or just stay home.

That is accidents ,these shootings are done to kill,on purpose, big huge difference.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

San Francisco Chronicle has released the shooter's name. Chronicle says his ex girlfriend had a restraint order against him. She said he was violent with her due to bipolar disorder and being drunk. His last name is Cassidy. He was a mechanic at the facility and moved up the ladder a bit. Look for the Cronicle's article online.