Honored Contributor

YES! - Budweiser will have one commercial with the Clydesdales during the Super Bowl!

I was worried. I read all the articles that said they were "going in a different direction" and would not be featuring the Clydesdales during the holidays. {#emotions_dlg.angry} I heard about a new commercial featuring a group of 20-somethings playing Pac Man for the Super Bowl. But now I've read that one of the commercials will be "Lost Dog," continuing last year's story about the puppy who visited the horse in the barn.

I'll watch the game just to see that. It looks like it will be the same actor too! Smile

Why do companies mess with success like that? Why would they think about eliminating the Clydesdales. I looked forward to seeing them pull their wagon on ads during the holidays. I can't be the only one who missed it this year, can I?

Valued Contributor

Re: YES! - Budweiser will have one commercial with the Clydesdales during the Super Bowl!

Thanks a lot beach mom, I just went out to YouTube and watched the previous ones and finally stopped crying! Lol. I thought I saw a holiday one last month where they use the wagon as a sober cab. It might have been from previous years though, I'm not sure.
This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Trusted Contributor

Re: YES! - Budweiser will have one commercial with the Clydesdales during the Super Bowl!

On 1/23/2015 beach-mom said:

Why do companies mess with success like that? Why would they think about eliminating the Clydesdales. I looked forward to seeing them pull their wagon on ads during the holidays. I can't be the only one who missed it this year, can I?

Companies change because their images have to evolve to be relevant to the next generation of consumers. These ads, while nostalgic and iconic for one group of people, serves to date the company to another. As Budweiser, like most companies, must struggle to please long-term customers while winning new ones, their marketing strategies will change.

Regular Contributor

I am happy to hear the news. The Budweiser commercials in my opinion are the best. Maybe the powers that be in the advertising business can combine nostalgia with something that will appeal to the younger crowd they are desperately trying to attract. In my honest opinion the commercials in the past number of years have been stupid. I find my self trying to go figure out exactly what they are selling. Saw on tv the controversy regarding the burger ad. It's dumb dumb and just bad period. Stupid.
Respected Contributor

Those horses are so beautiful! I would love to see one in real life.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved last year's commercial - the puppy with the horses. I can't wait to see the new one.

Super Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Pqfan said:

They are beautiful. Saw them one year while visiting DS in CA. Might have been a state fair or something,. I don't recall.

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 pqfan said:

They were in town last summer and stayed at a park near my house.

They are HUGE!

Respected Contributor

Were they messing with the success of it or creating hype? Hmm.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Finally...I love those horses and did not get their ""we are going in a different direction"" quote?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**