Honored Contributor

Re: YES! - Budweiser will have one commercial with the Clydesdales during the Super Bowl!

Personally I think the craft beer is a fad......and we all know what happens to fads. That's not saying they aren't any good......but there is nothing like the old standby beer that has been here for so many years and enjoyed by so many, and still is.

I am not a big drinker at all.....for a number of reasons, but when I am out eating certain kinds of foods, I will always order a Busch or Bud Light draft if I want a good beer. The Light doesn't bloat me like the regular does. Love it even more when they bring it to me in a very heavily frosted glass......just saying...... There are a number of craft beer places here in St. Louis, but A-B is the best seller here.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: YES! - Budweiser will have one commercial with the Clydesdales during the Super Bowl!

Would love to bet that more Bud and Busch will be drank during the game then any other brands of beer.......

Super Contributor

My husband's good friend and co-worker has turned a home brewing hobby into quite the big business. All the local restaurants and good clubs carry it on tap in kegs. Even COSTCO had/has it . . . 4 different 6 packs for like 29.99 and that is at Costco.

That said, craft & specialty beer is a much more expensive beer to drink. And sometimes involves expensive cigars.

I prefer Porters, Stouts, and even Double Bocks.

I'd probably gag IF I drank a Budweiser or Coors these days.

Sam Adams has been offering a few seasonal brews in the last couple of years. And their Oktoberfest is halfway decent.

My father . . . of the older generation . . . drinks Natural Light or Lite. YUCK. He likes cheap beer. I think he drinks 3 a night. Old habits die hard. Even after an illness when he wasn't suppose to drink, he then drank the alcohol free beers.

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 terrier3 said:
On 1/23/2015 Shorty2U said:

Yay to the horses, boo to the beer..lol.

Who even drinks Budweiser? I don't drink but people I know who do drink beer drink craft beers, or local beers here in PA anyway.

Same here...Bud isn't very popular anymore. Young people drink local craft beers.

Craft beers are huge in my area too. They sample beers as carefully as someone at a wine tasting does. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Budweiser and other traditional beers seem to be taking a back seat to specialty beers right now. Personally, I don't drink Bud or Anheiser Busch products. Something about them gives me an immediate headache that other beers don't do. I like Mexican beers the best.

~Enough is enough~
Super Contributor

On 1/23/2015 mstyrion 1 said:

Craft beers are huge in my area too. They sample beers as carefully as someone at a wine tasting does. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Budweiser and other traditional beers seem to be taking a back seat to specialty beers right now. Personally, I don't drink Bud or Anheiser Busch products. Something about them gives me an immediate headache that other beers don't do. I like Mexican beers the best.

and some of them travel to beer festivals around the country and they have special tasting size souvenir glasses . . . Colorado, Washington State, North Carolina and probably many more, those are the ones I've known some to attend. Tickets usually sell out quickly.

some of the fans even travel to Belgium and Germany, mainly Belgium for their beer tasting adventures.

So yep, it is a BIG deal and money making operation and has been for at least 10 years now and has grown in size each & every year.

Esteemed Contributor

Saw the Clydesdales once at Busch Gardens in Virginia many years ago.

Another time, they were supposed to be in a parade in our town but at the last minute, it was deemed too wet and therefore dangerous for the horses, so the truck they were inside went down the road instead. A bit disappointing but we understood.

They are beautiful, magnificent animals.

I have always loved the Clydesdale tribute commercial for 9-11. It just makes me cry, every time.

I also like the one where the horse breaks from the parade to run to the man he remembered that once trained him. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 ShowMe said:

Would love to bet that more Bud and Busch will be drank during the game then any other brands of beer.......

You live in St. Louis - of course there are more Bud drinkers there!

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 cottonball said:

Budweiser releases "lost dog" super bowl announcement.

http://fox8.com/2015/01/22/budweiser-releases-lost-dog-super-bowl-announcement/

Check out the photo gallery at the bottom too. They're showing this pitiful, dirty lost puppy.

I want the puppy ... not the tickets. LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Qwackertoo said:
On 1/23/2015 mstyrion 1 said:

and some of them travel to beer festivals around the country and they have special tasting size souvenir glasses . . . Colorado, Washington State, North Carolina and probably many more, those are the ones I've known some to attend. Tickets usually sell out quickly.

some of the fans even travel to Belgium and Germany, mainly Belgium for their beer tasting adventures.

So yep, it is a BIG deal and money making operation and has been for at least 10 years now and has grown in size each & every year.

A good friend has a big wine fridge on his covered patio. Instead of wine it is filled to the brim with exotic beers. He's always on the hunt for something new and he has contacts in some of the big liquor warehouse stores in order to get a heads up on what's coming in.

You're right. Craft beers have been around for years and they just keep getting bigger. Not a fad, IMO.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

http://jacksonville.com/entertainment/tv/2015-01-22/story/budweiser-offers-sneak-peek-super-bowl-xl...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.