Honored Contributor

Re: YES! - Budweiser will have one commercial with the Clydesdales during the Super Bowl!

On 1/23/2015 ShowMe said:
On 1/23/2015 pqfan said:

Those horses are so beautiful! I would love to see one in real life.

Oh pq.......all I have to go is go get in my car and drive up the road and drive a short distance, and I can see all the Clydesdales I want. They keep many of them at Grant's Farm. The barns and property are pristine......as are the Clydesdales......and yes, you can see the babies grazing out there.....Oh so beautiful.

ROAD TRIP!!! - to ShowMe's house! Who's with me?? Wink {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I saw them too a long time ago. They ARE amazing!! Of course we all fawned over the "Dallie" in the driver's seat! Smile

Super Contributor

Re: YES! - Budweiser will have one commercial with the Clydesdales during the Super Bowl!

On 1/23/2015 ShowMe said:
On 1/23/2015 Qwackertoo said:

I was reading about Grant's Farm and would love to take a tour. Is this the same location of the barn with the stained glass built in 1885 or is that a smaller location in St. Louis for one of the hitch teams?

I'm not sure how much input the Anheiser-Busch families have after the sale to InBev. I read when InBev sold the Busch Garden theme parks, the Clydesdales were no longer there but have since been replaced but not with the ones from the A-B operations at Grants Farm and their other locations.

edit typo

Yes, it is.......the property is simply beautiful. Many animals are there, and there is a train that you can ride to see everything. The Busch family home is there too.....and believe you can take a tour of that too......The Clydesdales are kept across the street from the farm..... It is worth a trip to St. Louis to see this place. Many functions take place there, such as fund raising, weddings, etc. The parking lot for visitors to the farm is on the same property as the barns where the horses live......

I heard that they will no be using the Clydesdales in any parades any more, and if they are wanted to be seen on parade, a good price is being asked for that.....

Interesting. Our property in TN, one of the co-developers is part of the A-B family, not sure IF it was the A or the B or what . . . mainly his wife he's just married into the family . . . and there are beautiful barns and a very nice facility where weddings and other functions are held. When we bought I had high hopes they'd board some of the Clydesdales there . . . but right afterward was when the A-B & InBev deal went down. Many of the HOA rules revolve around green building for the homes and to preserve the nature and beauty of the land. We haven't built yet . . . with kids in school and such but maybe after this May. My son did get to see the hitch at the World Series game in Arlington, TX when we let him fly there for one of the games a few years ago and my sister got a pic of them standing near the hitch and they are HUGE. Maybe one of these days we'll have to pop over to St. Louis and tour the Grant Farm. One my my daughters roommates will be heading to St. Louis next month for her nursing clinicals or something like that and luckily she has been paired up with a very nice family for her time in St. Louis.

edit changed team to hitch, guess I don't know my horse terms

Esteemed Contributor

Yay to the horses, boo to the beer..lol.

Who even drinks Budweiser? I don't drink but people I know who do drink beer drink craft beers, or local beers here in PA anyway.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Finally - I can understand why the new owners want to appeal to the young, beer-guzzling males. . . wait a minute, I have one of those! However, this particular commercial theme has been a money maker for them for a while, and to stop it completely would be a huge mistake IMHO. I used to live near an advertising executive - I wish he hadn't moved, or I'd ask him! It looks like the new owners recognized this.

We'll see if the new "Pac Man" commercial can outrank our beloved Clydesdales! And what ad agency does NOT want to be on top of the best Super Bowl commercials list? Wink

Of course, I had to go back and watch the previous ones too! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Shorty2U said:

Yay to the horses, boo to the beer..lol.

Who even drinks Budweiser? I don't drink but people I know who do drink beer drink craft beers, or local beers here in PA anyway.

Same here...Bud isn't very popular anymore. Young people drink local craft beers.

Honored Contributor

I do not drink beer but we do a lot of college tailgating. I see A LOT of Bud and Bud Light. I thought they were still the top selling beers in the US.

Super Contributor

pqfan, at local Pa. fair saw van with the darlings,,,,,snuck around and took a pic of "hoof oil" on a large tank under the carrier,,,yes, I love these creatures, they're so magnificant.

Esteemed Contributor

Budweiser releases "lost dog" super bowl announcement.

http://fox8.com/2015/01/22/budweiser-releases-lost-dog-super-bowl-announcement/

Check out the photo gallery at the bottom too. They're showing this pitiful, dirty lost puppy.

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 lulu2 said:

I do not drink beer but we do a lot of college tailgating. I see A LOT of Bud and Bud Light. I thought they were still the top selling beers in the US.

They have lost a huge amount of market share to craft beers and imports.

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 terrier3 said:
On 1/23/2015 lulu2 said:

They have lost a huge amount of market share to craft beers and imports.

That doesn't mean ""Bud isn't very popular anymore.""

You cannot get much better than #1 & #2.