Honored Contributor

Re: YAY! My new windows are in

@bikerbabe wrote:
Congratulations 🎉
Are you anywhere near Amarillo? I heard 50 to 70 MPH winds on Wednesday?

Oh yeah ! I live in Amarillo LOL Why I told the men to shoot for Mon

I've waited this long I can wait till Mon. Hubbo will be off that day too

Mon will be perfect in the 80's I want them to be comfortable and not cold, etc. Do a better job.

Esteemed Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

@happycat  We replaced 20 windows about a year and a half ago. We did the 6 basement windows first because they wouldn’t stay closed anymore and we wanted to see how good a job the company did. That took a little more than a half a day. Then we had them replace the remaining upstairs windows. They said it would take a day and a half, but they actually finished in one long day. We had to get out of our house while they worked because they found lead paint in the window frames. DH had to be revived after seeing the estimate, but he agrees it was worth it now. 

Thank you @Eileen in Virginia, I was wondering how long it would take. My dh replaced 2 of our windows that were broken during a storm, but he is not a professional and to do all of them we would need to have it done. Yikes, lead paint! Glad they got that taken care of.

Honored Contributor

Good for you Sharke!  I always worry about men working in the heat, too.  We don't really deal with cold here, but searing sunshine is horrible!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  Congrats on the new windows.  We also just had all of the windows on the front of our home replaced and it makes such a difference.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Good for you Sharke!  I always worry about men working in the heat, too.  We don't really deal with cold here, but searing sunshine is horrible!!

In the 80's is fair weather here I'm glad we're getting them in before it hits 108 and the flies are out. That's usually June when the blow flies start at least I won't be cleaning fly do doo off the white shutters any more

Honored Contributor

I saw large parts of the country including a huge chunk of texas are in severe fire danger.  Don't know if that includes you, but if it does, sending prayers for your safety!  Hope you get that rain.

Honored Contributor

suppose to rain Sat. here. We did get some rain last week some time, so, it's not as dry as it will be come June.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  You'll be amazed how much more comfortable you are in those 108 degree temperatures! Those new windows will pay for themselves quickly in energy savings. Ours probably did (we didn't bother to tally it up) and the home stays so much cleaner and quieter. Enjoy your windows! Pretty home. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Had white shutters, but, I took a notion to pull them off . Hubbo hollered if you make me put these back on ain't gonna be pretty. I hollered back I have a vision and I think when the casements go in and the big picture window in the dining room it will be a upgrade. Got that stained glass rose decoration hanging in the dining room. My idiot sister said it looked like a open/closed sign of a diner ! LOL Clown that one is.

I told her "that's a beautiful rose and blue trimmed antique piece and I might take it down and put it someplace else. May have hung in a church or something or in one of those big ol' Victorian homes. I paid 200 or so for it long time ago. Person made stain glass windows for the fabulous homes and did church requests for the Catholic churches. I saw it in his workshop window and pitched a fit . Was my xmas present way back when I was young. LOL

Honored Contributor

Had my windows replaced a year ago & what a joy!  Crazy how windows can make me smile!

I did clear (no grids) and they are tilt style...so easy to clean!  I have the cleanest windows in the neighborhood ...hahaha!

Enjoy and your home is lovely!