Honored Contributor

YANKEE CANDLES OR BATH AND BODY WORKS?

Yankee candles is having a great sale-I've always bought BBW-which do you prefer?

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Re: YANKEE CANDLES OR BATH AND BODY WORKS?

I just spent $80 at the Yankee Candle store, so I guess that speaks for itself. It is a great sale.

Respected Contributor

I do buy Yankee Candles but have to admit I'm not completely happy with them. They don't burn evenly, usually leaving a lot of wax around the sides of the jar. And, they throw off soot, too.

I do everything I'm supposed to do to get "even burning" but rarely do with Yankee.

I've only had a few BBW candles but the ones I've had do burn more evenly.

My favorites are Village Candles. They burn much more evenly because of their double wicks, and I think they have stronger scent throws while burning.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

I like both, but I think Yankee has better scents year around. Bath And Body Works is certainly usually more affordable, but I find myself usually only liking their Fall and holiday scents. One think I hate about Yankee is the black soot they develop after burning for a while. It can become really bad in some of them. Others not so much.

Honored Contributor

NO to YC! They give off so much soot. BBW don't.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 5/30/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

I just spent $80 at the Yankee Candle store, so I guess that speaks for itself. It is a great sale.

i only buy their tarts. Their candles RUINED my cream window treatments due to so much soot. They burn super dirty.

Honored Contributor

Neither. Check out Thelampstanddotcom. I like the Woodwick and Crossroads candles.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

We used to be YC lovers but can't stand how they burn and the soot. We now pour our own candles, but use soy wax as they burn much cleaner. It would also help if YC would put 2 wicks in their larger candles.

Honored Contributor

On 5/30/2014 winamac1 said:

i only buy their tarts. Their candles RUINED my cream window treatments due to so much soot. They burn super dirty.

Me too.

Honored Contributor

On 5/30/2014 winamac1 said:

Me too.

My HVAC "guy" said to NEVER burn their candles. They give off more soot than any other candle. ENUF