Esteemed Contributor

Re: Xmas stockings for adults

An ornament from Santa and their favorite candy goes in each stocking.

Valued Contributor

I will use lots of these ideas and will visit World Market. Thank you !!
Honored Contributor

Five Below is also a good place for this kind of stuff.

Honored Contributor

We don't have a theme, but we still have stockings for everyone. It's fun finding little odds and ends, and most of us keep it in mind during the year when we're traveling and shopping. One year I found some fabulous items at the various Smithsonian gift shops, for example. Great suggestions on this thread! Thanks, all!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I put candy and gift cards ($10 - $15) to fast food places.

Super Contributor

I love filling the stockings, probably more than the presents under the tree. When my daughter was born I made the mistake of getting her a stocking from Pottery Barn, it's huge and takes a lot to fill it. It's fun to think of little things everyone likes, all the stockings get filled with completely different things. I tend to fill them with things I was going to get as little gifts anyway, I just put them in the stocking instead of under the tree. I also get things people need and would use anytime. My husband's will probably have a new winter hat, a travel coffee mug, jerky, candy, a magazine, etc. . Like I said, it's a lot of what I'd be buying as gifts anyway, so it doesn't really cost much more than what I'd spend without doing the stockings.
Honored Contributor

After reading the posts, I'm going to hang stockings this year! Thank you for the excellent suggestions here!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Whenever I read this thread title, I always think of "CHRISTMAS STORY". And of course, the famous lamp with the adult stocking. Smiley Very Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Honored Contributor

We still do stockings for the adults, and some years they have more in them than others. It depends on my level of creativity at the time. It is always inexpensive and useful items, from gum to hand lotion to chap stick, to postage stamps, to tire gauges for the cars and so on.

Respected Contributor

Noel, I thought it was funny!

World mkt is a hoot at this time of year. they have a whole section of copies of old toys that are great stocking stuffers.

I went there a few days ago to get some animal ornaments to put on a wreath I am making for a friend.

I spent a bundle on stocking stuffers. My eldest son loves the Botani candy they carry. It comes in a little pink box. it is a fruit gel candy and the wrapping on each little candy is made of rice paper that melts in your mouth. fun mustards and sauces. I also got some soup mixes that you add chicken or whatever and some broth. It is such fun. allow plenty of time.