Valued Contributor
Do you have a theme when filling stockings for adults? What items do you choose ?
Respected Contributor

Re: Xmas stockings for adults

We don't do stockings anymore. Haven't for a few years. I do hang them off the mantle just for decoration. All those little doo dads add up and our kids are all grown up.

Honored Contributor

we dont do stockings anymore.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

As everyone became adults, It was cost prohibitive to "fill" stockings. I give the old stand-bys: clementines,nuts, candy maybe little fun gifts. That;s it.

Respected Contributor

We don't have a theme, but we still do stockings for everyone. Ideas for adults are lottery tickets, ornament, CD, hand lotion, ChapStick, wine stoppers, favorite candy, key chain, Metro card, gift card for their morning coffee place, flashlights. J/K on the flashlights - wanted to see if you're paying attention lol
Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness. When I first read the title of this thread I thought adult meant x-rated!

Valued Contributor

On 11/13/2014 VanSleepy said: We don't have a theme, but we still do stockings for everyone. Ideas for adults are lottery tickets, ornament, CD, hand lotion, ChapStick, wine stoppers, favorite candy, key chain, Metro card, gift card for their morning coffee place, flashlights. J/K on the flashlights - wanted to see if you're paying attention lol
what wonderful ideas!! Do you mind if I copy them down?
Respected Contributor

On 11/13/2014 sylviahomeatlast said:
On 11/13/2014 VanSleepy said: We don't have a theme, but we still do stockings for everyone. Ideas for adults are lottery tickets, ornament, CD, hand lotion, ChapStick, wine stoppers, favorite candy, key chain, Metro card, gift card for their morning coffee place, flashlights. J/K on the flashlights - wanted to see if you're paying attention lol
what wonderful ideas!! Do you mind if I copy them down?
Be my guest :-)
Honored Contributor

We do adult stockings every year. My daughter is a young adult and pretty easy to buy for. I get her lipsticks and eye shadow, makeup brushes, paperback books, hair adornment (like a nice barrette, good quality hair ties for when she wears a pony tail), and a fancy bar of soap. This year I'll have a Joan Rivers bee pin to add in, one I heard her say she liked.

My husband is more difficult to buy for, but he likes pens and usually needs a new stylus for his computer tablet, paperback books, a nice soap, sometimes a small gag gift, a few small food things from World Market I know he likes, and magazines rolled up. Always a Scientific American special, and a history magazine.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

On 11/13/2014 colliemom3 said:

Oh my goodness. When I first read the title of this thread I thought adult meant x-rated! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

LOL I did a double take, too.