Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I could care less.  Dont even want to think about it.

If I actually watched QVC as I once did, this would be the time for me to take a huge break. The last thing I want to think about in July is the prospect of Christmas and its commercial hype.

Honored Contributor

I'm to busy trying to tame my electric bill could care less about spending for xmas presents.  A/C comes first in summer months.

alpha5.gif

Respected Contributor

Just voicing a pet peeve here-- the expression is "  I could NOT care less."  If you "could care less" than you DO care a iittle bit.  Carry on everyone.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@walkingal wrote:

When I was younger, I loved anything Christmas in July.  For a few years, I even had a luncheon on July 25th at my house.  I think the older we get, the faster time goes by, and we want to enjoy each day.  I know I don't want to rush the seasons.  I love all of them, and I want to enjoy them as they come.  Summer, my favorite, is short enough.  I cringe when I think certain hosts will start mentioning leather boots on July 4th.  Smiley Indifferent

We always did CIJ full blast when my kids were little. Turkey dinner, old Christmas sitcoms on TV, one day change of pace in the summer. Sweet memories. 

@violann

that sounds like a fun idea!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

Me too.  I can only speak for myself here, but I don't want to be bombarded with Christmas stuff in July.  It is bad enough that Pier One Imports is already stocking Halloween stuff, but to shove this at us.....uhm, no thank you.  Not sure why all the TV retailers think this is a good idea.  They sure didn't do it in the very beginning of their early years.  All I can say is, I'm tuning out.  Not a fan of this one little bit!!!!!

Regular Contributor

BOTH QVC and QVC2 have Xmas all bloody day today, Friday 7/14?  I can't believe it.  I know they wouldn't do this if they didn't make money, but how boring for the rest of us.  I can barely stand Xmas season; do not want it in July.

Respected Contributor

I'm not into Xmas in July either, so I just ignore it.  I'm not watching the Hallmark channel either that's showing all their Xmas movies now.  I don't buy that much anymore for Xmas, so I don't really have to think about it until the day after Thanksgiving!  I try to "live in the moment".  Right now my moment is the heat & humidity!  If you love Xmas in July, I say "go for it & enjoy"!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Just voicing a pet peeve here-- the expression is "  I could NOT care less."  If you "could care less" than you DO care a iittle bit.  Carry on everyone.

I say i couldn't care less,i could care less never makes sense to me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I'd prefer to not see Christmas stuff until the day after Thanksgiving and won't watch these endless Christmas shows.  I hate all the tacky toys, stocking stuffers, junky decorations, etc. 

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Why is it even on people's radar?  No one is being forced to watch. 

Switch channels, turn off the tv, read, take a walk.

I don't understand why this is such a big deal for some people.  Television is not all there is to life.

Hi @Noel7!  That's me.  I don't care one way or another in regard to Christmas in July.  If I am in the mood, I would watch.  If not....it is on to other things.    I did order the TSV and watched QVC for a few minutes.  Then switched it over to CNBC and saw info about a company coming out with non-laundry biodegrade bed linens & pizza making robots.  Interesting. 

Now it is on to the grocery. I actually should already be there, but I got sidetracked.  Lol!  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *