Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm hearing a lot of people upset about this and I get it.

But let's look at the bigger picture. Whatever this was, a 'human mistake' or a 'hack', we (they?) now have the chance to see what is lacking in the system and develop and institute change to prevent it from happening again, as well as shore up the system in general as they see there are problems. 

And it gives individuals a chance to see that when something like this seems to be really occurring, just how ready they are or are not to handle such an emergency, and put in place new or more things they feel are necessary. 

We all tend to get a little too lax sometimes when it comes to disaster preparedness, whether it is natural disasters or something like this.

A wake up call if you will.

@Mominohio

We don't know that "human error" and "hack" are the only 2 possibilities.

*Paws Back Under Butt"

@QueenDanceALot

Ahhhhhhh.

The THIRD option.

ETA: Maybe a squirrel sat on it....

Respected Contributor

Re: Wrong Button pushed during shift change..false alert sent out to Hawiii about missile strike

[ Edited ]

@PinkMomi wrote:

@ms traditional  Mahalo plenty!  I figure if we are going to be blown to smithereens, might as well go out happy. 😄  I'll just bring in the whole jumbo Costco box of Haagen Dazs then; I share!

@PinkMomi   what a sport!  this goes both ways as i understand we are under threat here in Cali as well.  share and share alike.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Wrong Button pushed during shift change..false alert sent out to Hawiii about missile strike

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

But let's look at the bigger picture. Whatever this was, a 'human mistake' or a 'hack', we (they?) now have the chance to see what is lacking in the system and develop and institute change to prevent it from happening again, as well as shore up the system in general as they see there are problems. 

And it gives individuals a chance to see that when something like this seems to be really occurring, just how ready they are or are not to handle such an emergency, and put in place new or more things they feel are necessary. 

We all tend to get a little too lax sometimes when it comes to disaster preparedness, whether it is natural disasters or something like this.

@Mominohio

We don't know that "human error" and "hack" are the only 2 possibilities.

*Paws Back Under Butt"

There’s already been a lack of interest shown by our leaders in foreign hacking.

Honored Contributor

Maybe a deliberate action to test the system...like beep, beep, beep..."This is the emergency broadcast system..."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

news conference at 6 pm -  Eastern

Honored Contributor

Seriously, what is the deal with the "somebody hit the wrong button" narrative?

How many buttons are there alongsode what one might consider to be a FAIRLY IMPORTANT AND CONSEQUENTIAL button?  (hmmmmmm, buttons..............nevermind)

Someone is just sitting there whacking at butons and OOPS?

C',mon.

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

What can you say? Someone's stupidity is usually what causes an international event....unfreakingbelievable.

@SahmIam

I have total confidence that we don't have anyone that's stupid at the helm of our country!!!

@fortuneI was referring to the world through-out history but....ok.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

The only problem is that there have been multiple blatant wake up calls in the recent past and it appears that no one in charge is using an alarm clock!

I too will now sit on my paws.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Maybe a deliberate action to test the system...like beep, beep, beep..."This is the emergency broadcast system..."

Yeah, and after a dozen old Hawaiian people have coronaries they come back over a half hour later and say "OH, sorry, did we forget to tell you it was a test?
"

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Seriously, what is the deal with the "somebody hit the wrong button" narrative?

How many buttons are there alongsode what one might consider to be a FAIRLY IMPORTANT AND CONSEQUENTIAL button?  (hmmmmmm, buttons..............nevermind)

Someone is just sitting there whacking at butons and OOPS?

C',mon.

I envision someone mistakenly

placing their Lean Cuisine on the ‘button’ and

suddenly we’re in DEFCON 1 ala “War Games.”

The “button” theory is so....cartoonish.