Respected Contributor

Writing reviews that are unwelcomed

Tried to post a review on the clearance board about the Handbag Key Finder but it  didn't like the two star rating no matter how many times I selected it !!!

I didn't like the musty smell nor the cheap hardware.  Suggested a lanyard which was way cheaper and came in colors with or without stones.  

What gives: either it wanted 5 stars or no post.  So here I am.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: Writing reviews that are unwelcomed

That seems very odd............Maybe post this in the Suggestions section?  Thanks for the review, anyway!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Maybe suggesting an alternate item is the problem rather than the 2 stars.  I often see one and 2 star reviews, so I no longer believe any of the complaints I see about them not being posted.  Sorry yours got rejected, but i just don't think it was because of the number of stars.

Honored Contributor

I wrote a "one star" review on a really bad product just the other day.  QVC sent me an email informing me it was accepted, and sure enough I checked today and my very bad review was right there, front and center!

I also called Customer Service about the product and they are refunding the $6.95 return shipping charge, saying they would mark the product "defective" on my account.

I don't know how one could get better results than that!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I just don't think this has to do with being a low rating. I have had great reviews not posted and when I reworded them, they were. I have never had a negative review not posted but I have had to reword them at times because sometimes I mentioned another product to compare it to or something like that. Try to reword your review and see if that helps.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

This system has lots of "issues."  I would go back on a different day and try it again.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

The most unwelcome reviews should be those from people who don't have the product >: (

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

I've had trouble with the stars for at least the last week.  Yesterday, I did two reviews and the number of stars kept arbitrarily changing as I was writing the review.  When I'd correct it, it would revert back.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Tried to post a review on the clearance board about the Handbag Key Finder but it  didn't like the two star rating no matter how many times I selected it !!!

I didn't like the musty smell nor the cheap hardware.  Suggested a lanyard which was way cheaper and came in colors with or without stones.  

What gives: either it wanted 5 stars or no post.  So here I am.

Hello, jlkz. Smiley Happy

QVC says that you're not supposed to mention another item, brand name or other retailer when writing a review on their site. I think that might be why your review didn't take. So, I don't think it's because you gave it 2 stars, but probably because you mentioned another brand name item.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder