Honored Contributor

Wow - what a storm!

[ Edited ]

50 MPH winds - one lightening strike right on top of the previous one- one after another after another like that. DH & I need to go out to do a few errands but definitely have to wait.So much rain it would be impossible to see to drive safely. The oak tree in our backyard is bent way over to one side.

They said on the news this storm would be the drought buster! 

NWS radar looks like this storm goes from New England all the way down the eastern states to Cuba. That's quite a storm. It has been rainy here all day - actually 2 days but it only just got so stormy with the lightening and the wind.

Trusted Contributor

stay safe.

Honored Contributor

@151949  I hate storms like the one you've having now.  I know what you mean about the trees too.

Be careful, be very safe.

Respected Contributor

Yep - we had similar storms a few weeks ago - two of neighbors' trees got hit by lightning - destroyed a beautiful huge pine tree.  Trees laying down in wind - you'll be picking up limbs for awhile - stay safe - I don't like lightning like that either.  Several homes here in Indiana have been burned from lightning over the years. 

Honored Contributor

My Grandmother was terrified of storms and when we were little my Mom would try to pooh pooh the storm to us so we would not grow up afraid of them too. Then our neighbor was struck by lightening and died so we thought - uh oh - Grandma is right !

I am not afraid of storms at all - certainly wouldn't live in Fl. if I was.

Honored Contributor

Well cool.  Then this shouldn't be a big deal for you. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 Sometimes I enjoy a little severe weather because you have a great excuse to hunker down with some comfort food and just read or watch tv.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

50 MPH winds - one lightening strike right on top of the previous one- one after another after another like that. DH & I need to go out to do a few errands but definitely have to wait.So much rain it would be impossible to see to drive safely. The oak tree in our backyard is bent way over to one side.

They said on the news this storm would be the drought buster! 

NWS radar looks like this storm goes from New England all the way down the eastern states to Cuba. That's quite a storm. It has been rainy here all day - actually 2 days but it only just got so stormy with the lightening and the wind.

I wish everyone did the same, staying off the roads during storms.

Storms don't last forever.

Here in AL we are drowning.   Flooding everywhere but the sun is out today, we may dry out before the next round.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, hunkering down wasn't an option today. We had to go out and do some errands.

Honored Contributor

My husband kind of freaks out with wind.  He will call home and see if we are all ok because he heard we had 60mph winds.  Uh, that's not at all problematic.  He should try being in 100+mph winds (which we have had up at our house) and then maybe the 30-60mph winds wouldn't freak him out so.   Smiley Happy   Even at 30mph he's preparing for death.  LMAO