Respected Contributor

Wow prices are increasing, gotta cut my spending

Watching Susan Graver show, saw a top I bought in April 2014 (A253545) in navy, cost 52.50 at that time and now it's $58, up 5.50.  I have not worn the top yet, felt it did not flatter my heavier upper arms due to the large pattern but I did not send it back, still hanging in my closet. ( Duh ) Heck, I'm going to wear that top even if it's just around the house! . 

Super Contributor

Re: Wow prices are increasing, gotta cut my spending

I watched the show, too, and also thought how expensive these tops have gotten.  Don't know how many I will be ordering at these prices.  Better to shop at a B & M store at sale time.

Honored Contributor

I've noticed that, too.  I used to get fresh tee shirts all the time for different seasons, but the latest prices are ridiculous.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

I know what you mean about prices.  I may pay those  prices (on ep) for some special occasion outfit,--but just a top eh--no! I have only purchased coats last year from SG and was very happy with them. I am wondering what the costs will be for this coming season.

Some of the lines of other designers look beautifully made as well like IM , but what I have seen of his in thrift stores they are sized smaller. I study and ponder on the sizing charts of any online buying and find it is a gamble often. So with the high prices and shipping --well I am not a gambler.

One way to cut my spending is to cut my watching!

Respected Contributor

Okaywitheasypay wrote: One way to cut my spending is to cut my watching. 

Absolutely right you are !   I have 3 SG tops that I have not worn yet, 2 from last year, 1 from this year.  I'm preparing for retirement,  Suze Orman would deny me buying more clothes !  This is a want, not a need.  

Honored Contributor

okaywitheasypay -

I've bought a few IM tee shirts and tops for myself, and quite a few for my daughter, also cardigans for her.

IMO they run true to size and are always consistent.  We both like the quality, too.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I find it absolutely mind-boggling what they can charge for a SG blouse that's made of POLYESTER ... and people pay it !!!

Esteemed Contributor

I hardly ever buy clothing on Q anymore. The prices have become outrageous. I can do better shopping locally.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

@Shorty2U ... I totally agree. I've made my last Q clothing purchases, not that I ever made that many in the first place.

The straw that broke the camels back was when I was sent a clearly used item (reeked of perfume) when I had ordered it NEW. 👎
Honored Contributor

Her premier knit is nice....I ordered a pair of pants in that fabric, the fit was terrible but the fabric was very nice.