Honored Contributor

WE just got in from the new nutcracker film, and I just wanted to tell you how beautiful the costumes , the makeup, and the sets are.

I couldn't take my eyes of the nutcracker. He was so beautiful. They lined his top lip, outside of the lip line ,with a sort of copper color, and on the bottom lip ,in the center they highlighted it with a rose ,and it had copper tones

Ladies he was gorgeous. I don't think I have ever seen such a  beautiful makeup job on a guy.

It was a fun film. Helen Mirren had sort of a cracked face makeup, like she was a broken doll. Her figure is still outstanding. She did a fight scene with a whip, and I thought , there are 30 year olds, that would envy her body

Morgan Freeman, has such a splendid voice.  I enjoyed his brief appearance

The ballerina was stunning looking, and a wonderful dancer..Lots of kids were there and it was quiet. That says a lot about how good something is

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry, sounds exciting!  I am going to take my girlfriend to see a live performance of The Nutcracker with our symphony next month.  We are very happy to be going.  Best seats in the house.  Your description makes me want to see the movie as well.  It sounds lovely.  LM

Contributor

Thank you so much for rave review. Am taking my 3 grandchildren and I'm glad to read such a positive review.  If theatre was quiet, the kids must have been enthralled.

Looking forward to our movie date now.  

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I couldnt take my eyes off that guy's mouth. I'll bet there will be women that will try that look..

Respected Contributor

Thank you @cherry...can’t wait to see it !

Honored Contributor

Now I would like to see it too @cherry. I love Disney movies, true and beautiful escapism.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@cherry  It sounds like you fell in love.  And if there is a Mr. Cherry, he better watch out or he'll be replaced by Mr. Nutcracker.

Respected Contributor

For those of you who have seen it I want to take my 6 year old grandaughter. Wondering if there’s anything scary about it. Didn’t take her to Beauty and the Beast on film as it was too scary for her. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

There is a lot of fighting but depending on the child, I don't think it is too bad. I am not sure of the rating, but it is Disney

It wasn't bloody at all ,but it might be a bit spooky in parts, for a child..There were mice ,and some sort of semi violent clowns. I don't think there was anything that would give a child nighmares, unless they were very timid, or sensative

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Honestly, I couldnt take my eyes off that guy's mouth. I'll bet there will be women that will try that look..

@cherry  Saw the Nutcracker Lip Kit at Sephora....just kidding, but bet you’re right!!!