Honored Contributor

Re: Wow...You Can't Beat Amazon...........

I'm underwhelmed by Amazon.  I'm tired of receiving packages with a bunch of items thrown into a box with no padding, heavy objects with smashed fragile things.  They have idiots working for them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I agree, their customer service is excellent.  However, I have had increasing bad experiences with their shipping - to the point I am contemplating dropping Prime.  We do not use any other aspects of Prime - no movies, music, pantry, whole foods, etc.  We pay the money solely for the fast shipping.  I have experienced more & more that the date the promise is not the date they deliver.  It has increased more since they started doing more of the deliveries themselves.  We have an amazon Warehouse 8 miles from our home.  The items either come out of that warehouse and/or are shipped to that warehouse, then moved to a delivery center 25 miles away - then out for delivery.  Things leave on time and make it to the warehouse 8 miles away but they rarely make it to our house within the 2 days (the specific date promised).  I think I have only had 1 item arrive next day, nothing same day, and increasingly fewer in 2 days (even though it shipped on time).  Since fast delivery is the only thing we are looking for in return for the annual fee, it is just not worth the increase rate for us.  I hate to do it, but it seems stupid to keep paying for something we don't get for the money.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

I love Amazon for the aforementioned reasons. Any issue I've had has always been handled expeditiously, to my satisfaction. I can't say enough about their stellar customer service.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

They do that all the time.....  <3Amazon

Honored Contributor

Yes, indeed.  Amazon has amazing customer service.  They bend over backwards to make things right for the customer and they usually will send out a replacement item and you don't even have to return the broken/damaged item.   

Honored Contributor

There is a reason Amazon is taking so much business away from conventional stores.  They are just better at most facets of retailing.  

Super Contributor

They are EXCELLENT !    Now if they had people whose first language was English.

Most of the time I can barely understand them .

Contributor

I am a prime member of Amazon.  I sometimes feel guilty about ordering so much from Amazon that I could buy from my local merchants.  It is just so convenient. There is nothing I need that they don’t have.  I have not returned anything to them yet.  If I order clothes or shoes that I can’t use I donate to a local church because I may have ordered the wrong size.  I have only receive one order that was defective.  We love the movies that come with our membership. 

Honored Contributor

I order from Amazon a lot.  For the most part they have been excellent.

But recently, I had a problem.  I ordered a cleaning product from them early in the day on a Friday. By late afternoon, I ordered again, this time a new band for my DH's Fitbit.  Both were promised on Monday.  I am a Prime member.

No delivery on Monday.  On Tuesday, we received a box.  My DH opened it and removed the cleaning product.

On Wednesday, he asked me when his new band would be delivered.  I checked my account and it was noted that both items ordered on Friday were sent in the same box.  Huh?

I called CS and explained we did not receive the band.  The CSR acted like I was lying, but he agreed to refund my money and asked me to reorder the item.  I did.

Again, the band wasn't received as,promised. I called CS and they refunded my money again and this time the CS rep reordered it again.  Finally it came.  It took me almost two weeks to get the item.  In the meantime, my DH bought one elsewhere.

I hope this is not going to be their new normal.

Esteemed Contributor

Our business SELLS a lot of items on Amazon. They take a significant fee for themselves and are not necessarily easy to work with. Plus they keep making more and more “rules and procedures” that we have to follow. We have had customers take advantage of the process and have had to report them.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead