Esteemed Contributor

Wow...You Can't Beat Amazon...........

I have a medical procedure scheduled and had ordered a shower chair from Amazon a couple weeks back.....opened the box today to put the chair together and found that the seat of the chair was cracked...........contacted Amazon because when i check my order return button it said it could not be returned.  I couldn't believe i couldn't return it and was able to contact a Amazon representative.  He explained to me that they couldn't take the return on the item BUT they were so sorry it came damaged and was sending me a whole new shower chair w/o cost to me.........

this is the second time over the years they replaced the item i needed to return with no questions asked or charge to me.........what great customer service!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wow...You Can't Beat Amazon...........

@kelsey17 @I love amazon too....just as good as Costco for customers service.

Honored Contributor

That's something a lot of people don't completely know about Amazon. You can get your money back on practically anything. They call it the A to Z Refund Guarantee. Even if the vendor says you can't, Amazon will still refund you. You can even "return" ebooks within 7 days and get your money back if you are dissatisfied with them.

But...if you overuse that ability (not in any way saying @kelsey17 did!) they will suddenly cut you off from buying from Amazon forever just like QVC does.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great customer service at Amazon. Competitive prices? Now so much anymore.

Honored Contributor

I have had excellent customer sercvice from Amazon and I think being an Amazon Prime member helps.

Contributor

Yes, Amazon is really good about letting you return items. Had to return a few items over the years and it is always super easy.

Another store that is GREAT with returns is Kohl's. If you use their credit card, they can even pull up the information for you on returns. The only bad thing is that when I go back into the store to return something I always end up purchasing more! Usually more than I returned/exchanged.

That's the difference between when I shop at Kohl's, Amazon and QVC. I am more likely to take a chance on an item from Kohls or Amazon (or other stores) since I can return without it costing $. With QVC I make absolutely sure it is what I want. I will NOT buy clothes on QVC due to the uncertainty of if it would cost me $ to return it if it doesn't fit (and they are out of an exchange size).

Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

But...if you overuse that ability (not in any way saying @kelsey17 did!) they will suddenly cut you off from buying from Amazon forever just like QVC does.

Wow, I didn't realize that Amazon did this. I am guessing it would have to appear fraudulent at some point for them to do that.

Valued Contributor

PooRe: Wow...You Can't Beat Amazon...........

[ Edited ]

I agree have been very pleased over the years with Amazon membership. 

Once ordered hot chocolate  boxes seem they sent the wrong ones told them I would be willing to send back they said they would send out the right ones and  refund my money for the inconvenience and told to donate the wrong boxes to a food bank,school etc.

Within a day had the right boxes at my door.

Amazon is A++++

Honored Contributor

@kam24 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Wow, I didn't realize that Amazon did this. I am guessing it would have to appear fraudulent at some point for them to do that.

Yeah. That would be fraudsters, and people who do things like Youtube unboxing and review videos but don't want to keep the things they bought just to try out on camera.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

It is excellent.  I hope it stays that way.  I worry people  will and do take advantage of it and may ruin the great return policy for those who use it legit.  like our OP.