Esteemed Contributor

Wow! Taxes filed last night...and

IRS accepted it 16 minutes after filing.  We use TurboTax and our forms are fairly simple as we are not yet taking required minimum distributions from our 401k.  I was surprised at the speed with which it was accepted so I called TurboTax today to ask if that was possible.  Indeed, it was.  Hopefully, the speed of our small refund is the same.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wow! Taxes filed last night...and

The speed at which I PAY the IRS is always last day possible. 😁

Respected Contributor

I don't think I've even gotten all my paperwork yet. Good for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in no hurry to file. I usually end up paying them instead of getting a refund. I like to keep my money and not let them make interest off of my money when I could do the same.

Honored Contributor

We are still waiting for 1099-R's from three places.  Can't file without them.

Last year we received our small refund in about 10 days.

Honored Contributor

We have not received all or stuff yet??? Not like we want to do them anyways.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 I have all but one of my 1099's.  All the easy ones are ready; the missing one is harder for me to deal with, but it's showing availability is likely in 2 days. Hope so.   I know I will owe money in April but I'd like to get a handle soon for how much.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

The speed at which I PAY the IRS is always last day possible. 😁

@Snowpuppy 

Have you noticed that "THE" and "IRS" spells "THEIRS?"

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I filed my taxes last sunday (1/22)..Accepted 1/23.  Arizona and Feds.  My AZ refund was deposited into my checking account this morning.  YEAH!!.  I am expecting my Fed refund very soon.  Last year my refunds were within days of each other. 

My forms are very easy...no home , no deductions , nothing special.  Very basic.

Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick  So jealous!  I so wish for the simpler days of filing for me.  Like others I'm still waiting on documentation.  But even still it takes a couple of days for me to get through mine.  Hoping for a relatively painless process but I have never gotten a quick refund or notification of acceptance.  I have been entering information as I get my documents in the hopes of getting through it faster in the end .