Honored Contributor

Re: Wow! Meghan’s friend just said on TV...

She has a personal aide, Amy Pickrell, so she’ll do just fine.

Valued Contributor

I love reading the forums but reading these have been hard.  Who among us hasn't put themselves in bad light!  Megan seems to have picked herself up from her family and past and gone on to give in a positive way.  I like the way Americans are.  The ones who should be ashamed are those with their nose in the air with no compassion or thoughts pther than their own.  Take a look at Princess Ann!  

Honored Contributor

WHOA, LADIES!

I pre-recorded the show last night and viewed it later, and the friend remarked about HER table manners, not Meghan's.  The friend was critical of her own table manners.

Talk about a tempest in a teapot.  The OP must have been excited or distracted when she heard the statement.

This friend was a loyal friend, and was sputtering out a couple times how inadequate she feels she might be in the presence of those skilled in the social graces.  However, at each point, she promises Meghan that she will be ready on the big day.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

She has a personal aide, Amy Pickrell, so she’ll do just fine.

And a new husband too.  I'm sure Harry won't let her flounder.  (Assuming there is any truth to what her "friend" said.  She could have even been joking.)

Respected Contributor

Meghan will do just fine ....

Honored Contributor

Obviously, that didn't come from any "friend" and I don't believe it one bit.  Meghan is a 36 year old woman who has been hob nobbing with rich and famous for years.  She's also smart enough to know that after she and Harry started dating, when she was entering her world; she'd need to ensure that she had the manners and etiquette to avoid any embarrassment.  There are etiquette coaches who do that for business people.  One reason why Meghan fit in so flawlessy with the Royals is that she took care of all of that herself before she and Harry went public.  Any adult woman would.  Of course, she's received her Royal coaching too.  

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

WHOA, LADIES!

I pre-recorded the show last night and viewed it later, and the friend remarked about HER table manners, not Meghan's.  The friend was critical of her own table manners.

Talk about a tempest in a teapot.  The OP must have been excited or distracted when she heard the statement.

This friend was a loyal friend, and was sputtering out a couple times how inadequate she feels she might be in the presence of those skilled in the social graces.  However, at each point, she promises Meghan that she will be ready on the big day.

THIS. Thank you @golding76 for the REAL STORY.

Respected Contributor

Really? Why?

@occasionalrain wrote:

Other than something criminal, there is nothing worse than the lack of manners. 

I liked Harry, gave him a pass for his inappropriate behavior, considered it an unintentional lack of judgement,  no longer, it's become blatant; an intentional quest to embarrass his family. When he said that he knew Meghan was the one when he met her, everyone assumed love, now it seems something quite different.

Honored Contributor

There are so many here who are so willing to hate this woman based on rumors.  Someone said this, I read that, I heard this, etc.  I'm as guilty as the next person of disliking certain famous people/celebrities, but the reason for my dislike is usually because of something they have done, or have said; and that I have heard or seen with my own ears or eyes.

Her step siblings are another story.  They have proven themselves to be losers and bottom feeders. 

I feel sorry for her dad as he seems a bit "lost."

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

WHOA, LADIES!

I meant that friend from very beginning. I was not talking about Meghan at all...... And I have zero excitement about the event.