Honored Contributor

Re: Wow! Meghan’s friend just said on TV...

[ Edited ]

Related image

Image result for lucy, william holden fake nose on fire

Related image

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

LOL!  Remember that Ethel had to cut the spaghetti with cuticle scissors as Bill Holden watched?

Yes ! It was one of my favorite eps.

The Hollywood and Country House eps. are my favorites.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

LOL!  Remember that Ethel had to cut the spaghetti with cuticle scissors as Bill Holden watched?

Yes ! It was one of my favorite eps.

The Hollywood and Country House eps. are my favorites.

@Daisy Sunflower  Mine also, and I love the one hour shows in the Country House.  I never get tired of watching them.

Respected Contributor

Image result for miss congeniality gif eating steak

Honored Contributor

Other than something criminal, there is nothing worse than the lack of manners. 

I liked Harry, gave him a pass for his inappropriate behavior, considered it an unintentional lack of judgement,  no longer, it's become blatant; an intentional quest to embarrass his family. When he said that he knew Meghan was the one when he met her, everyone assumed love, now it seems something quite different.

Respected Contributor

Image result for pretty woman gif eating snails

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Image result for pretty woman gif eating snails

@fourpaws56  LOL!  This reminds me of Lucy being served escargot, and she put the holder on her nose, LOL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain I'm not sure I'd say his intent is to embarrass the family, but I've long felt part of the attraction, probably unconsciously, is him being on yet another 'mission'...

Honored Contributor

Image result for lucy eating escargot

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

That she “  is embarrasingly American “ meaning has no table manners ...... I cannot believe my ears......Some representation we are going to have at the wedding.

Americans have different table manners.  We cut and switch with a knife and fork.  That is how we are taught and there is nothing bad about it.

in Europe they hold their knife in the right hand and fork in the left and do not switch hands and lay down the knife between bites.

I am sure Meghan can hold her fork and knife that way.  She doesn't need classes.  Many Americans, including me can and do use this method on a regular basis and always when in Europe.

This is just another way Europeans feel superior to us.  They have a habit of putting us down and actually insulting us. 

I find it disgusting when Americans actually believe that we have bad manners because we are told by Europeans.  

I wonder how the Brits feel when they are shamed for their rotting and stained teeth?  So they can hold a fork and knife, but when they smile, the sight of their teeth make you gag.