Honored Contributor

I just got promoted to a Valued Contributor. I think it's silly to put us in different categories. Everyone should be the same, no one is better than someone else.

Respected Contributor

I'm thinking that the mods are using it as way to modify behavior but if you look on other threads, it certainly is not working.  The valued, trusted and esteemed are still rule breakers, rude, obnoxious, etc.  

Valued Contributor

@kittywhipped wrote:

I'm thinking that the mods are using it as way to modify behavior but if you look on other threads, it certainly is not working.  The valued, trusted and esteemed are still rule breakers, rude, obnoxious, etc.  

The designations are automatically triggered upon reaching certain thresholds for posts and hearts.  I agree that "Trusted" etc. is certainly a misnomer when applied to some posters.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor
I think it's based on how much people participate. The American diabetic association forum has similar labels but I think it's a mistake to do it here because isn't this really just meant to be a social forum.
Super Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

I don't like this new system putting labels on posters.

Smiley Sad

I don't think it makes a lot of sense to reward posters who are not an asset to the community but there's a lot of things going on here I don't quite 'get', lol.

Add another one:  I just saw a post by Wayne, a QVC Moderator, and the post read:

"Thanks for being on the ball this evening.  Good job."

It was addressed to a poster -- don't remember the name.

So are we now in a world of high school and the popular girls on one side in the cafeteria and the unpopular ones on the other side?

How stupid is this?  Messages in some kind of secret code.....

Oh, and BTW, I was reading a thread the other day and a QVC Moderator deleted a post and the reason given was "arguing."  Really????  We are not NOT allowed to argue on these forums???

I think the inmates are running the asylum

Esteemed Contributor

@chi5925 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

Smiley Sad

I don't think it makes a lot of sense to reward posters who are not an asset to the community but there's a lot of things going on here I don't quite 'get', lol.

Add another one:  I just saw a post by Wayne, a QVC Moderator, and the post read:

So are we now in a world of high school and the popular girls on one side in the cafeteria and the unpopular ones on the other side?

Oh, and BTW, I was reading a thread the other day and a QVC Moderator deleted a post and the reason given was "arguing."  Really????  We are not NOT allowed to argue on these forums???

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

5925...No, the thread that you are referring to was a shout-out to Wayne by a poster with the nic of ShowMe and that was her message to him.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Wow! I got a promotion

[ Edited ]
Actually, I think a poster was thanking Wayne for taking down an amusing thread on Donald Trump
Super Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@chi5925 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

Smiley Sad

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

5925...No, the thread that you are referring to was a shout-out to Wayne by a poster with the nic of ShowMe and that was her message to him.

Doh! 

I take no responsibility for the accusation since the new forums have a confusing look about them....

Thanks for the correction!