Honored Contributor

Re: Wow Amazon Prime now ships overnight even on weekends

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

I'm placing an order from Amazon right now (Friday), and it says delivery will be Sunday.  They must not be doing overnight shipping everywhere.

If you have a warehouse in your city with in  a reasonable distance, it will be come over night shipping.   My overnight delivery is not everything I order.  I order different things each time.  If it's in the warehouse, it should be a short delivey.

Remember too, employees that are scheduled to leave at a certain time, can make a delivery (and get overtime)  That's why you sometimes see private cars making delivery.

Honored Contributor

@IcegoddessYou'tre right -  they are separate companies with separate people running them, separate financials, etc.  But why any company can't correctly show the tax is beyond me.  I wouldn't ever click PURCHASE beforw I knew.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Apparently, not everywhere.  I don't even get things in 2 days.  I just got an order this week and it was 3 or 4 days.  And, for some reason, when my stuff ends up at the PO on the weekend, it doesn't get delivered until Monday.  I don't know how people get Sunday delivery although I know they do since I see the mail truck making deliveries on Sundays.  

However, starting in July, you can make all returns by taking them to Kohls. No need to box it up or anything.

I really haven't had a problem with QVC's shipping.  Sure, it takes longer than Amazon's, but you also have to pay for Amazon Prime.  And, if the item is not an Amazon Prime item, the shipping can be significantly longer.

In my area we’ve been able to take returns to Kohls for several months now already. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered something on Monday evening. I used Amazon Prime. The package arrived today. I was in no hurry for the item so I am glad that I got it. But they missed the 2 day delivery.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie Zappos is owned by amazon...I guess that’s why they ship fast

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

QVC could learn a lot from their business model. If they can ship so fast why does it take a week for QVC to ship .

My 20 year affair with QVC is near its end

Many of my Amazon orders have been delivered on weekends for quite some time.  QVC can/should learn quite a bit from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

QVC could learn a lot from their business model. If they can ship so fast why does it take a week for QVC to ship .

My 20 year affair with QVC is near its end

GOOD QUESTION.... It all has to do with QVC trying to squeeze every dime out of every sale..... and using the worst shipping ever because it is CHEAP.   Bad business phliosophy because they lose customers. 

People want it NOW.  That is just the mindset of Americans.   Amazon knows that and thus they are the king of online shopping.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla Was it a Prime item, I am careful to only order prime these days

@drizzellla wrote:

I ordered something on Monday evening. I used Amazon Prime. The package arrived today. I was in no hurry for the item so I am glad that I got it. But they missed the 2 day delivery.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@drizzellla Was it a Prime item, I am careful to only order prime these days

@drizzellla wrote:

It wasn't a Prime item but it did state 2 day delivery.