Honored Contributor

Wow Amazon Prime now ships overnight even on weekends

QVC could learn a lot from their business model. If they can ship so fast why does it take a week for QVC to ship .

My 20 year affair with QVC is near its end

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Regular Contributor

Re: Wow Amazon Prime now ships overnight even on weekends

[ Edited ]

Yes, they do!  I even received an order delivered by the post office on Easter Sunday!  I certainly did not expect to have my ordered delivered on Easter.  I am a Prime member and order from Amazon more and more as there is no place to shop for much of anything where we live.

Just want to say that QVC could take lessons from Amazon and get their ordering process a little more strealined and faster.  I don't expect next day or holiday delivery but I certainly expect to receive my orders sooner than two weeks or more from when the order was placed.

The bottom line is that QVC does not care about or appreciate their customer base and they are going to continue to lose more and more customers.  I have cut back on my QVC purchasing considerably because of their louzy ordering process and return policy and postage.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxoxMaybe it's the millions and millions of dollars they collect in Prime fees -  and then some people don't use even what Prime costs in shipping.  That was true for me which is why I no longer belong to Prime.  

Maybe if I were buying for more thsn one person or still was "buying stupid" as I label some of my past, it would have worked better for me.  As it was, the year I j0ined pretty much so I could catch up on Downton Abbey, and every Amazon shipment ended up costing me about $11.00 -   and that was when Downton was headed into season 5.  Not sure how long ago that was, just know it my first and so fart, last year with Prime.

If QVC goes to pre-paid shipping, I'm probably pretty much out of it.  For the little I buy, I'll just pay.  I don't mind waiting.  I know that makes me different from many, but we all do what works for us.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox   Not to play devil's advocate here, but Amazon now has  distribution centers all over the freakin' place.  There is one only a few miles from me, and I've also unexpectedly received orders the following day (and that was with free shipping.....not a prime member).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Apparently, not everywhere.  I don't even get things in 2 days.  I just got an order this week and it was 3 or 4 days.  And, for some reason, when my stuff ends up at the PO on the weekend, it doesn't get delivered until Monday.  I don't know how people get Sunday delivery although I know they do since I see the mail truck making deliveries on Sundays.  

However, starting in July, you can make all returns by taking them to Kohls. No need to box it up or anything.

I really haven't had a problem with QVC's shipping.  Sure, it takes longer than Amazon's, but you also have to pay for Amazon Prime.  And, if the item is not an Amazon Prime item, the shipping can be significantly longer.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess    I don't have Amazon prime, but I still get my orders very quickly (sometimes the next day) with free shipping.  Items $25 or more usually ship free, and often times even lower priced items have free shipping as long as I opt for the slowest shipping method, which doesn't seem to make a difference......I still get it much sooner than they say.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

Couldn't agree more.  Amazon is beyond amazing, and even let's you know when the package has arrived.

It's been a great ride with the Q, but alas the train I'm afraid is coming to a end.  I've ordered four items a week ago, and here's what I get...

"We know you're excited to receive your order, so we're sorry to have to share that there's a delay in shipment that will impact the expected delivery date."

I don't need the items right now, but that's really not good.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde, we must not have a distribution center nearby.  Usually it takes more like 5 days to get my order, so the 3 days I got this week was fast for me.  Two items took 4 days even though they were part of the same order.

Honored Contributor

Zappos has also gone super fast -  I ordered yesterday and my sale shoes are out for delivery.   I hadn't ordered Zappos for quite a few years.  Two changes I see -  they're shipping to me in FLorida out of Louisville where they can get a direct flight to here and they're finally collecting sales tax. 

I believe all companies of some size should although I haven't followed the national law on this.   NY has required them to collect tax for a long time but not here in FL.  Time to level playing fields if we want local retail to survive.  I do.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

Zappos is now part of Amazon which is why shipping is so speedy, the shoes I ordered from the yesterday are out fot delivery now 

@millieshops wrote:

Zappos has also gone super fast -  I ordered yesterday and my sale shoes are out for delivery.   I hadn't ordered Zappos for quite a few years.  Two changes I see -  they're shipping to me in FLorida out of Louisville where they can get a direct flight to here and they're finally collecting sales tax. 

I believe all companies of some size should although I haven't followed the national law on this.   NY has required them to collect tax for a long time but not here in FL.  Time to level playing fields if we want local retail to survive.  I do.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.