Honored Contributor

Wounded ex-Marine Amputee Carries American Flag the Entire Length of Race

Jose Sanchez said he wants to live to help others, after all his traumatic experiences in combat.  His fellow soldiers gifted him with an American flag, which he decided he would carry during his run on his prosthetic leg in the Boston Marathon.

disclaimer:  sidsmom's wonderful post on the Boston Marathon inspired me to post this.  I had no idea there were so many heroic individuals involved in this event.  Thank you, sidsmom!

http://www.wmur.com/article/this-wounded-marine-ran-the-boston-marathon-carrying-a-us-flag-inspiring...

Honored Contributor

Re: Wounded ex-Marine Amputee Carries American Flag the Entire Length of Race

@Oznell

Thank you for posting this!Heart

Very heartwarming and inspiring!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Very inspiring!

He's got many motivational interviews on YouTube 

(He's got a potty mouth, so be warned! 🙃)

and beautiful pictures of him (Google search...booty shots, be warned!).

He's a cool dude...very inspirational. 

Thanks for posting. @Oznell!

IMG_1305.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Oznell, thank you!!  My husband is a Marine- once a Marine always a Marine.  Very inspirational!!

Image result for hand over heart
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I've seen him all over the news here too. Awesome man. Every Boston Marathon there are military personnel who wear their camo uniforms and those heavy boots and do all 26.2. Some even carry heavy backpacks.

This year there were so many people who carried and helped others over the finish line, because of the heat.

The Boston Marathon has always been spectacular in bringing out the best in people. Spectators and runners. Nothing will ever change that-the bombings just made us even more determined that nothing will.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Oznell, thank you!!  My husband is a Marine- once a Marine always a Marine.  Very inspirational!!

@Suziepeach my dad was a marine who volunteered the day after Pearl Harbor . . . Semper Fi my friend! . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@Suziepeach my dad was a marine who volunteered the day after Pearl Harbor . . . Semper Fi my friend! . . . Heart

@momtochloe, I know, as myself, how very proud you are!  My husband served in Viet Nam.

Semper Fi to you, my friend.  Heart

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@momtochloe, I know, as myself, how very proud you are!  My husband served in Viet Nam.

Semper Fi to you, my friend.  Heart

Thank you @Suziepeach we are blessed to have those in our lives that run toward the fire to help instead of running away.

God bless your husband for his service as I most appreciate it.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe,  we are very blessed to have those that run towards the fire instead of running away, how very, very true!  

God Bless your dad and anyone else in your family that served and protected our wonderful country.  I, too, am appreciative of their service.  Heart

Maybe the day will come when everyone will be proud of our country as we are!!  As the young Marine carrying our flag!!!!  

Go VOLS