Respected Contributor

Re: Would you say you have too much time on your hands most days or not enough

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd  I am a terrible photographer.DSC00546.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

I write novels that I upload to amazon's kindle under a pen name. Since I retired in 2020 I have more time to write, and I don't feel so pressured for time. If I stay up late working on an idea, I can get up late now. - no alarm clock set for work.

@Desert Lily 

That's terrific!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Since Covid I do find myself with extra time. I tend not to run out and do unnecessary things since I am still trying to be careful. There are lots of things to be done at home but some days I'm not into it! I do like to read so that fills a lot of time. I do look forward to once again being able to go out and run around and not worry so much about germs. 

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1   I love this!  Thanks....

@Dusty1 wrote:

@phoenixbrd  I am a terrible photographer.DSC00546.JPG

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

In winter I'm outside enjoying the weather so then I don't have to much time. Summer is when day after day, month after month of 100 degree plus is when we hibernate and have no ambition to do much of anything. Then the days are soooooo long. It doesn't get dark until 9:00. And even then it's still 100 degree plus so you still can't go out and do much.

You must live near me.  I have plenty of time on my hands  but the days go by quickly anyway.  From May to September are the worst to fill up because going out is so miserably hot and the days are so long. 

Honored Contributor

I thought when I retired, I would have more time than I knew what to do with!  And -- that I'd catch up on everything and accomplish so much in each and every day.  And -- guess what?  Just the opposite happened!  The days fly by!  Why didn't the work days go this fast???  A lot of days are over before I feel like I even get my teeth brushed and my bed made.  This is a bit exaggerated, but you know what I mean!  I know I end up doing a lot of nothing.  Some days it bothers me but other days I think --- I worked a lot of years -- I deserve this!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a lot of free time but somehow I seem to fill it up! This time of year has more downtime due to the cold, but that only lasts a few months.  Even tho I've been retired for 5 years, it hasn't gotten old yet. Smiley Happy

When the weather's nice, I like to trail ride with my friend. Sometimes I just hang out at her place, brushing my horses, cleaning their feet, having coffee with her on her porch and laughing at the antics of her goats, chickens, dogs and cats. I appreciate this time to just enjoy life.

At home I force myself to do some housework but it's never a priority because I'd rather read, watch a few tv shows, exercise, etc. Dh and I usually have our main meal at noon which for me is so much better than eating a large meal later in the day.  Soon we hope to get back to taking short trips to places we've never been. 

This time will fly by as it always does.  So, for now, I'm taking the time to enjoy it.  Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

Nope, just right!!

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@gellen I do not, but I have too many hobbies. Too many.

I crochet, sew, make jewelry. Right now I am into wire wrapping & making bracelets, earrings, fairy garden lamposts, etc & I don't want to do anything else. 

I also love to organize my craft things, so that is a hobby.

If my SIL can get my external harddrive back together (People. Don't intend to back up all of your pictures, documents, etc on an extra harddrive. DO IT!!!) I need to work on pictures.

I do love to read & cook so I have that, too.

I have a couple of puzzles to put together, but I haven't gotten to that, yet. 

@Dusty1   I love crafts too!  I have an Etsy shop that has been on vacation mode for a while now but I was selling custom made signs since 2008.  

I also love scarpbooking which was a big thing about ten years ago but still have tons of supplies.

My new thing is handmade felt.  I'm on my way to my class of "handmade felting techniques" in a few minutes. Smiley Happy