Respected Contributor

Re: Would you please kindly mention your favorite protein bar?

@Caligurll wrote:

@Renna wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

"QuestBar" with approx 14 grams of protein.

"HumanFoodBar" with approx 9 grams of protein, but also with lots of good microbes for your gut. All natural.

Both available online. I used to eat Atkins bars, not any more, too much fake stuff.

Maggie, you wouldn't happen to know the weight watchers points ? 

I've also been looking for one low in points,sugar and fat but high in protein. 

@MaRina Quest bars run 4-5 points depending on the flavor, according to the WW tracking app.  The HumanFoodBar doesn't come up in the app.

ETA:  HumanFoodBar is 7 points.

Thanks for the information. I could do 4_5 points but not 7. I just eat them if I don't have the time for breakfast.

Honored Contributor

Cliff bar-Peanut butter

Respected Contributor

snickers

Honored Contributor

Snickers!! 😄😄😄😄

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I think the Atkins are lower in sugar than most, but it depends where you're eating the bar.  If it's in the car, DO NOT eat any bar that has chocolate in it, or on the coating.  The "crumbs" will end up on your blouse or lap.

These days, my go-to protein source for breakfast now is the Premier Protein Shakes .... 30 grams of high quality protein for 160 calories & 1 gram of sugar.   Vanilla is my favorite.   I like that you can drink it in the car and then screw the top back on ... no mess.   Stores that have the best prices are Walmart and Costco.

Respected Contributor

They keep stop making my favorites!  Right now I found a good one and I had to search far and wide for it.

Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch bars

They use whey for the protein source, not soy and there is more protein than carbs!!!

Protein  -  16 gr

Carbs  -  14 gr

And they taste good - I get mine at Wal-mart, about $7 for a box of 6

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I think the Atkins are lower in sugar than most, but it depends where you're eating the bar.  If it's in the car, DO NOT eat any bar that has chocolate in it, or on the coating.  The "crumbs" will end up on your blouse or lap.

These days, my go-to protein source for breakfast now is the Premier Protein Shakes .... 30 grams of high quality protein for 160 calories & 1 gram of sugar.   Vanilla is my favorite.   I like that you can drink it in the car and then screw the top back on ... no mess.   Stores that have the best prices are Walmart and Costco.

Are these premade or is this a powder you add to something?  TIA

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Are these premade or is this a powder you add to something?  TIA

@Lipstickdiva

No, premade.   I get a 4 pack at Walmart for $7 and just put them in the fridge, ready to go when I go out the door, but they're a great emergency meal, too .... 30 grams of protein!!