Respected Contributor

Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?

I would only if it was for reconstructive surgery in the event of breast cancer where a mastectomy was necessary.  But, for cosmetic surgery, no.  I have never felt it was wise to put those things in your body.  If I had adult children, I would allow them to live at home rent free to save their money while working if that's what they really wanted.  But, when they broke and needed replacements....sorry but I still would not pay for it and by then they would probably be much too old to live at home.  So, this could be a problem as from what I understand it's not a matter of if they break but when.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?

Well then, you're in luck.  Breast recontruction after breast cancer is covered by insurance and has been for quite a few years now.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Well then, you're in luck.  Breast recontruction after breast cancer is covered by insurance and has been for quite a few years now.

No need for the snark, I had no idea it was covered.  Wonderful news though for those who need this information!!  

Honored Contributor

I agree with Kittywhipped.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@kittywhipped wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

No need for the snark, I had no idea it was covered.  Wonderful news though for those who need this information!!  

it's been covered for almost 20 years...........I wouldn't expect you to know that kitty, unless you had had BC.........I have had BC, and almost as soon as I had gotten home from the hospital, I received a letter from our insurance and I get one every year,since....but I didn't know till I got that letter......I wouldn't do an implant, I'd have done an abdominal flap however, if I had needed it.................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@kittywhipped wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

it's been covered for almost 20 years...........I wouldn't expect you to know that kitty, unless you had had BC.........I have had BC, and almost as soon as I had gotten home from the hospital, I received a letter from our insurance and I get one every year,since....but I didn't know till I got that letter......I wouldn't do an implant, I'd have done an abdominal flap however, if I had needed it.................................raven

Thank you Raven....all good info.  

Esteemed Contributor

Same here, only if it was for someone that had breast cancer. But yes that is now covered by insurance.

Otherwise, no.

And i might add I wouldn't pay for it for myself either if I just wanted it for looks.

PS I am a 5 &3/4 years breast cancer survivor. I had a lumpectomy w radiation so I didn't need reconstruction and I pray I never do!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

If I was very wealthy and could easily afford to help, I would. 

Honored Contributor

If I had a daughter who was suffering emotionally........I would pay for any cosmetic procedure to help; i.e., nose job, teeth straightening, ear pinning, etc.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

If I had a daughter who was suffering emotionally........I would pay for any cosmetic procedure to help; i.e., nose job, teeth straightening, ear pinning, etc.

I think breast implants do not fall into the same category as the others, imo.