Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you move into a house where a murder/suicide

Just living in a home where someone died would kind of give me the willies.  But with more and more people choosing to die at home, I believe many are now sharing their homes with spirits.  

Case in point.  Our neighbor used to own a home he purchased from the estate of the mother of one of my husband's friends.  He once asked me if I believe in spirits and I told him yes I most definitely do.  I think he was testing my reaction to his question, because he then told me he would often see "Nina" (the deceased woman) in his house.  

Frequent Contributor

I agree with you.  I would also have the house blessed as I have with the two homes we've lived in previously.  

Trusted Contributor

Yes I would if I liked the house. I like Old Victorians and most who live in one do not know the long ago history of the home and noone I know has had any problems. The chances at least several people have died in one of those is very likely. I watch ghost shows on TV and dont believe in any of it.

Trusted Contributor

I would be OK with a natural death of an older person. But I would never live in a house where murder has happened. I have felt negative energy in places and can't imagine living in such an environment.
Respected Contributor

Murder?  Never.  That is evil.  Suicide or illness would be OK.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I would buy such a home.  Don't believe in spirits, ghosts, vibes, whatever.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Nope; couldn't handle it, even if the the whole place was sage'd.

Especially since little kids were the victims.

I'm a HSP (Highly Sensitive Person) - absorb all the energies around me.

And also a Pisces - most-connected to the spiritual realm.

Honored Contributor

As long as the house was clean, it wouldn't bother me a bit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

What if you found out after the fact? I would just be wondering all of the time which room it was done in. I would have to resell.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a hard question!   My husband died in March here at the house.  I thought when he was sick , I could never stay in this house.  To my surprise , it don't bother me at all.  In my heart, I know he is not here anymore.  I believe in heaven and that is where he is.  I guess everyone is different.  BUT murder is kind of different.  I was just reading about the couple that bought the Travis Alexanders home.  They did not know about the murders before they bought it.  They said everything has been replaced and the house is full of love.  I guess I would have to go in the home a few times,  and see how it felt to be in there.  If it bothers you , then don't buy it.

I was told that that information does not have to be disclosed when selling?  Maybe that depends on the state?