Trusted Contributor

Re: Would you move into a house where a murder/suicide

It isn't that I believe in paranormal activity at all, it is simply to tragic to know that children were murdered there. Nope, I would not even consider it. I wouldn't even want to live across the street from it.

Talk them down lower and have it torn down and build a new house.... Maybe. What is if your husband loves about the house other than price?
Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Let me give you two different perspectives.

1. I would not risk it, because I have always tuned into energies and have a lifetime of experiences to prove it. So I personally would not want to expose myself to it. But that's ME.

2. The house may not have any bad energy attached to it. A good friend of mine and her husband bought a house in which a previous owner had killed himself with a gun, and they had no negative experiences in the house. Neither did I. 

Have you thought of finding a qualified medium to look at the house for you? Don't suggest to him/her that you know or suspect anything but just say you would like a sort of psychic walk- through to check the home's energy.

Good idea!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Not if I knew it beforehand. 

When we bought our current home, we had been touring various homes while we visited from out of town over numerous weekends.  Didn't really know anything about the neighborhood or previous homeowners, only that the house had been empty for 1 1/2 years.  When we got to know the couple next door about a month after moving in, they told us that a woman had hung herself from the basement rafters of our home about 10 years before. 

Since we are not superstitious nor believe in ghosts, we are OK with our house's past.  But that may explain why the house had sat empty for so long and why we were able to negotiate a very affordable price.         

@deepwaterdotter   I believe by law that information if known must be  disclosed to the potential buyer?

Your agent was supposed to disclose this. Or is it only crimes with death? 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Why not?  There are no such things a ghosts.

Respected Contributor

I learned shortly after buying my house that a man committed suicide in my house - doesn't bother me - it did bother me that it wasn't told to me when I bought the house - that I had to find out from neighbors.

Respected Contributor

No.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

No way, especially because children were murdered there.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone remember who Somer Thimpson was? She was a little girl abducted walking home from school six years ago...anyone she was raped, murdered and thrown in a dump! So the house was near where I worked at the time and the mother had to look at that house everyday!!! The charitable foundation bought that home, destroyed it and built a park so the neighborhood doesn't have to look at that home anymore. I know it's nothing to do with the house you'd thinking about buying but I have to drive by there to go to my dads and I think about that poor little girl every time, even with a park there now. i just don't think I could not think about that living in the home.
Honored Contributor

It would not bother me one bit.  If I liked the house and it was well priced I would buy it.  I am amazed at most of the answers.  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

It would not bother me one bit.  If I liked the house and it was well priced I would buy it.  I am amazed at most of the answers.  

Different strokes, right?