Respected Contributor

Re: Would you move into a house where a murder/suicide

Absolutely, positively, unequivocally NOT!  That's horrible and I would feel so creeped out especially if alone and more so at night.  I'm thinking the price is low for this reason and the improvements, but improvements seem like a nice disguise🙈🙉🙊

Esteemed Contributor

As long as the house wasn't the perpetrator yes I would if I really liked the place.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! I thought I may have been close minded but my family and friends all told me the same things. I'm off for now but I'll check in the morning, ;maybe reading strangers replies will help him see how it does make most people feel like it is not the right decision (at the least uncomfortable).

Honored Contributor

Yes, if I liked the home and the price.

Honored Contributor

Only if I really loved the house. I am not superstitious and I am also not afraid of ghosts or paranormal activity. However, if you don't think you can live there without dwelling on the tragedy, I would strongly advise you not to buy it. Negative energy breeds negative energy.

Respected Contributor

No way.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Not if I knew it beforehand. 

When we bought our current home, we had been touring various homes while we visited from out of town over numerous weekends.  Didn't really know anything about the neighborhood or previous homeowners, only that the house had been empty for 1 1/2 years.  When we got to know the couple next door about a month after moving in, they told us that a woman had hung herself from the basement rafters of our home about 10 years before. 

Since we are not superstitious nor believe in ghosts, we are OK with our house's past.  But that may explain why the house had sat empty for so long and why we were able to negotiate a very affordable price.         

Honored Contributor

NO. I do not think I could even if the house was free.

A home behind our home had a murder....a crazy son took a hatchet to his mother and sister.... His father was struck...but got away to a neighbor's home injured. Just awful.... The house has sold several times since so I guess some people do not care about the history of a home.  When I walk buy the home on my morning walk....it always gives me the creeps.

Trusted Contributor

Yes.  I've lived in a couple different places where people died or committed suicide.  During my senior year of college, my best friend/roommate and I had several paranormal occurrences in our college owned apartment.  Several years later, she now works for the college in the facilities department.  At a Christmas party, a woman approached her and asked if she remembered her.  It was the maid who would come by once a week to clean the bathroom and vacuum.  She told my best friend how years before we lived there, she found a student hanging by her neck in the closet in the back bedroom in our apartment.  That was my bedroom.  Very creepy.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Probably not.