Respected Contributor

Re: Would you marry someone who cheated on his wife with you?

@hopi wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

How about if a woman cheats on her husband and divorces him? Is she always a cheater in all of her other relationships?

@GSPgirl

You are creating a scenerio which could have been done with the original post also.

Alan says he has always been faithful to Susanne Somers after he cheated with her while married so maybe the generalization on men was too large.

So how do we know that he is telling the truth if he is a cheater??  

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seems to be working fine for Charles & Camilla.

Was Brad still married to Jennifer when he took up with Angelina?  He's been with her a lot longer than he was with Jennifer.

Ah, but those are famous people & who knows what really goes on in their lives.

I don't know how either person in that scenario can trust the other.  One cheated on his/her spouse & the other helped.  Oh, BTW, when there are children in the marriage, the cheater is also cheating on them.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder what advice Dr. Phil would give them.

Esteemed Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

Seems to be working fine for Charles & Camilla.

Was Brad still married to Jennifer when he took up with Angelina?  He's been with her a lot longer than he was with Jennifer.

*********************************************************************************************

Remember, Charles' marriage to Diana was an arranged one.  He never loved her and always loved Camilla.  Diana was the one who was "in love"..... That marriage was doomed from the beginning.  Unfortunately, she was killed - but I don't think it would have lasted had she lived.

She was such a sad, lovestruck woman.  Charles was cheating on her during their whole marriage.  I read the book and heard the phone conversations between him and Camilla.  Fortunately, he did a great job with the boys.  They are great young men and Diana would be so proud of them.

Honored Contributor

NOPE.

Trusted Contributor

As the saying goes..."if he will do it for you, he will do it against you." 

I believe this to be true. 

Honored Contributor

Well, anything is possible...........Although I do believe that it could become a habit type of situation with a long- time wife.  Could be that with another (new) wife, the habit is broken and a 'new leaf', new life could begin. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I have an acquaintance who had an affair with a married man, wife never found out until years after he married the other woman. Well she thinks things are wonderful but just like his first wife never knew about her, she doesn't know he's been cheating on her since before they married. None of my business and the way I see she knew he cheats since he was married when she met him and he knows no man is off limits to her since being married didn't stop her from being with him. The way I see, I don't know how any of them trust each other. 

Honored Contributor

Also, the older the man, the less time he might feel that he will be 'trapped'.  Some times the younger ones just cringe at the amount of years and years and years that they will have to be in only one marriage........just a thought, of course.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I have an acquaintance who had an affair with a married man, wife never found out until years after he married the other woman. Well she thinks things are wonderful but just like his first wife never knew about her, she doesn't know he's been cheating on her since before they married. None of my business and the way I see she knew he cheats since he was married when she met him and he knows no man is off limits to her since being married didn't stop her from being with him. The way I see, I don't know how any of them trust each other. 

Honestly, why even get married these days?