Respected Contributor

Re: Would you marry someone who cheated on his wife with you?

@SilleeMee  You were not a fool.  Your husband was, as was the woman who had a baby with someone who was married to someone else.  It sounds like you ended the marriage when you found out.  It took courage for you to start over after that terrible hurt.  All the best to you.

Honored Contributor

No!  Once a cheater always a cheater.  But she was a cheater too when she dated a married man. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I just read an article in Good Housekeeping where the woman married a man who had cheated on his first wife with her. They are married 14 years and she says everything is all wonderful. She feels she changed him from his cheating ways. Do you think that is possible?

No.

It has been said that once someone cheats, they will more than likely cheat again.

If the spouse has cheated on his ex-wife to be with her, it's possible that he will cheat on her to be with someone else, in the future. Not necessarily so, but still a possibility. 

Honored Contributor

@Ms X,

Thank you for your kind words. Heart

I believe in karma. It's been 25 years since I divorced that man. He passed away just last year at only 64. Sadly, I did not shed a tear.

Honored Contributor

Despite all the platitudes, generalities, generalizations and religiosity being hurled around... I couldn't answer this in the abstract. It would depend on the man and the circumstances.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have always been amazed at the number of women that stay with a spouse who cheats.  I worked in the medical field and there was a lot of extra-martial affairs going on.  I would never trust that person again.   

Trusted Contributor

I had a SIL who was married, but cheated with several married men.  She always had her parents watch the baby because she had 3 hr hair appts.  Never did tell my DinLaws.

If DH had evercheated on me, he did it with HER MONEY, not ours. However, I know he never did and I have Thanked my Lucky Stars our 50+plus years together.-----tedEbear

Esteemed Contributor

According to rumors and the first Mrs. Shelton, Miranda Lambert did, and look where that got her.  Hypothetically  I'd feel like the odds were against us, so I don't think I would.  

I ❤️ Mr. Wildcat too much to find another, so I don't see that happening with me at all.

Respected Contributor

the saying is " if they will do it with you with they'll  do it to you "

is this the same magazine that used to have those articles called "Can this Marriage Be Saved"

Honored Contributor

My answer is..no I wouldn't.  But as stated already, some men do turn their lives around and become faithful husbands.  I know a couple like this.

He was married twice, previously, and has accepted the blame for his earlier marriages going wrong. 

He's been with his 3rd wife for over 30 years.   This time, it's going to last...obviously!