Honored Contributor

Re: Would you marry someone who cheated on his wife with you?

NO

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was one man's fourth wife. He was divorced when I met him and I did not know of his past wives. After we got married, I heard rumors of his past wives and of his cheating ways. I was blinded by love, my first and the rumors meant nothing. We were married for just over ten years until one day a strange woman holding a child in her arms came and knocked on my door to tell me some news. That was the end of my marriage to that man.

Wow, I am sorry that happened to you @SilleeMee

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was one man's fourth wife. He was divorced when I met him and I did not know of his past wives. After we got married, I heard rumors of his past wives and of his cheating ways. I was blinded by love, my first and the rumors meant nothing. We were married for just over ten years until one day a strange woman holding a child in her arms came and knocked on my door to tell me some news. That was the end of my marriage to that man.

It just points out how evil this kind of behavior can be.  Imagine the pain to SilleeMee and the difficulties that young baby might have had as a result of this. 

Respected Contributor

No and especially if they had young children. I think when a cheater has kids, they are not only cheating on their spouse, but cheating on their whole family. To me, that is the ultimate betrayal.

Esteemed Contributor

I think there are people too who grew up in situations where all they witnessed was chaos in their lives and had no role models so they thought what their parents did was the norm. Sometimes it takes them a while to get it right and they don't until they meet someone who can show them what love is. They trust no one because they were never put first and do it to protect themselves. There are really so many reasons why people cheat. It isn't just one thing.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

Once a cheater always a cheater!

Honored Contributor

If you going to cheat, file for divorce first.

Esteemed Contributor

OT... Hey @HisElk, I haven't seen you in a while. Hope you are well!

JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Everyone is different and my answer is it depends.  Maybe the female he re-married was the one he wanted to be married to and not the first wife.  Situations are all different.  Some women get a man to marry them when they are vulnerable and then he wakes up and wants out.  Remember, the wife can cheat too just as much as the husband. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

It just points out how evil this kind of behavior can be.  Imagine the pain to SilleeMee and the difficulties that young baby might have had as a result of this. 

That woman that came to my door was there to inform me of her persuit of a paternity test claiming my husband as the father. Years after our divorce I found out that he was making child-support payments to that woman. But I knew the truth from the beginning. I was a fool. I have no idea what happened to the woman or the child. It's best that way.