Honored Contributor

Re: Would you let co workers force you out?

[ Edited ]

No, I wouldn't but I can understand not wanting to be in a toxic workplace or being used as it appears these two newbies are doing.

If she loves her job and doesn't want to leave, then it's up to HER to figure out the solution. Don't EVER rely on HR; they work for the COMPANY and not for the employees. Her boss only cares that the job is done; nothing more.

CYA/document everything. If she does THEIR job, then she should put only HER name on it. Or do it all herself and turn it in earlier than the deadline taking full credit for it.  People who are troublemakers often leave when they realize no one is buying their ******, HOWEVER, if these 2 women are making far less than her OR their salary combined is hers, then yeah, they could be kept and she could be let go.

Office politics. It stinks.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

SilleeMee: Cobra is very expensive!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is but it's only temporary and that is what it was designed for. 

Honored Contributor

Since your niece is an adult and its her job you need to stay out of it.  Its her business.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

SilleeMee, that's not any comfort when you can't afford it.Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

My niece works for a large investment firm; she has been there six years, makes a great salary, and enjoyed her job until two new women were hired about four months ago. She told me over the weekend she is going to quit because of them. She says they “gang up on her” by taking credit for work she does and conveniently disappearing before deadlines, which means she is stuck alone staying late to finish work that must be done. She is single so am concerned about her quitting since it is her only income. She talked to her boss who she said had always been supportive and approachable, but he told her if she wanted to quit, to make sure she gave her account details to the two newest employees so they could take over. 

I told her never let them run you off from a job you love. Would you stay or leave? She said they seem very chummy with the boss also, so that doesn’t help. 

How did they take credit for her work? That does not compute. She should have stopped them when it began. Who knows how they got the job. Maybe they knew the boss before they were hired. I would not quit until I had another job.

There are so many bullies that if you allow them to thrive they will continue. Nowadays, you  need to stand up for yourself because no one else will. You have to learn to say no.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

SilleeMee, that's not any comfort when you can't afford it.Smiley Sad

I know! @ahoymate I had to buy Cobra for several months when I became disabled and lost my job. I nearly went completely broke and I had to make some drastic changes to afford to pay for Cobra. It's been nearly 17 years since then but I am still feeling the financial losses I've had to go through in order to keep health insurance. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I've seen this happen many times with people I've worked with and known elsewhere.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

Two words...Hostle environment.  The company will listen to that.  What is happening does fall under it.  Even an offsite HR dept will take notice.

If she doesn't want  to use it offically; she can use the phrase a couple of good moments and give someone a heads up.

I did it and i am still working at my job but the trouble makers aren't.

Honored Contributor

I have had this happen a couple of times over the past 50 yrs. I left the work force many years ago.

I would brush up my resume, try ever so hard to keep the job going while in the back round seeking new employment . 

It sounds like the boss is not supportive at all. 

what goes round comes around. these women may  look like gold now, but if your DD leaves can bet these ladies will fall flat as a pancake.

tell her to stick it out as best as she can,till a new job is lined up, know it will be tough but something will give at a seam and these 2 ladies will be shown what their true selves really are.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't....and you never know it might be worse at another job and as others have said I sure wouldn't leave until I found another job.

These two girls are doing this on purpose most likely, hoping that she does leave.

Since she knows the ins and outs of the comapny better than them, I am sure she can beat them at their own game by only doing her job and not covering for them.

I would take my 2 week vacation and let the boss see how these two slack offs for what they are...