Respected Contributor

Re: Would you let co workers force you out?

@Lattelvr wrote:

I agree there are a lot of nasty men.  But men don't play games with other men like this.  Women are known for this.  I'd rather work in an office full of men than women.  Sad but true.  

Guess you didn't work in the places I did where the men were just as nasty if not worse than the women. You can't generalize like that. Some  PEOPLE are just plain nasty.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

I agree there are a lot of nasty men.  But men don't play games with other men like this.  Women are known for this.  I'd rather work in an office full of men than women.  Sad but true.  

@Lattelvr, you'd be surprised.  When my DH tells me some of the stuff that goes on with his work, I can hardly believe my ears.  I've often said "and they think women are bad."

I also work in an office where all of my bosses are men.  Some of what they say is mindblowing.  Men are no picnic.  

Trusted Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

It's bad enough when men engage in misogynistic rhetoric and stereotypes. But, it's especially disheartening when women do it, too.

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess : How about an update on your niece? What’s happening? 

Honored Contributor

Many companies don't appreciate that HR personnel need to be trained in HR related subjects.  Many companies (my own fortune 100 included), consider most of them to be glorified paper pushers and focused on onboarding, offboarding and holiday party planning.

They will have a team of HR staff at the corporate, executive level and then untrained robots everywhere else.

Some of these "HR" people wouldn't recognize a legal issue if it bit them.

That said, some companies take the position that they will wait for someone to file suit and deal wth it then because realistically, very few people file any type of suit or get a lawyer. Those that go to EEOC, etc., will wait years for their claim to process.  And now EEOC is just closing claims without processing if there is no evidence of anything meaty in the claim.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN