Honored Contributor

Re: Would you be happy with this gift? Help!

Their totes are nice as well, also on sale-

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'm not familiar with the brand.  Are they used for hot drinks (coffee, etc.) *to go* cups.  Like to take in your car?

My husband gets these *gifts* from contractors all the time and I could scream every time he brings a new one home.

Most aren't supposed to go in the dishwasher, and of course, I won't hand wash anything.

I would not be happy to get one of these.

I think a gift card for the maximum amount would be good.  $25-30 takes the *bite* out of the full price of lots of things. 

expensive acrylic cups and mugs, available with all kinds of teams and other logos on them, you have probably seen them at BBB,

This is copied from their site regarding what they are made of.  They are American made BTW.

The new generation polymer, which is called Eastman Tritan  does not have any BPA. Not only do Tervis Tumblers no longer have BPA, but all of the products in their product line are now free of this because of the switch. You can expect for the company to continue in their efforts to find ways to make their products better. The company will also continue to make efforts to ensure the excellence people expect from them is maintained so they can continue to build a reputation that will supersede that of a lot of companies.

Honored Contributor

Some thoughts about the pre-paid Visa gift cards:

Most of them have monthly fees/penalties for non-use, so that the more time goes by the less they are worth. Some ding $5/mo. You would have to specifically seek out the 1-2 who don't do this.

You need to go to their website and sign up, giving an email address & other info, and create a PIN in order to use the card - and then remember the PIN when you need it. Quite a few people wouldn't want/wouldn't be able to do all this.

More and more businesses are refusing these cards (probably because of fraud). I see signs at various registers all the time now saying no prepaid cards accepted - especially at restaurants. So no, you can't use them everywhere.

Just things to think about.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

The Tervis tumblers are so much better than most, it would make a great gift.  

Drinking Vitamin Water out of one right now....looove it and it was a gift! 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Some thoughts about the pre-paid Visa gift cards:

Most of them have monthly fees/penalties for non-use, so that the more time goes by the less they are worth. Some ding $5/mo. You would have to specifically seek out the 1-2 who don't do this.

You need to go to their website and sign up, giving an email address & other info, and create a PIN in order to use the card - and then remember the PIN when you need it. Quite a few people wouldn't want/wouldn't be able to do all this.

More and more businesses are refusing these cards (probably because of fraud). I see signs at various registers all the time now saying no prepaid cards accepted - especially at restaurants. So no, you can't use them everywhere.

Just things to think about.

Thank you for this information!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@mima

Land's End beach towels are $29- + 45% off.

I don't think granny would like  beach towels....in the event she is stuck with it...

Respected Contributor

@circles wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@mima

Land's End beach towels are $29- + 45% off.

I don't think granny would like  beach towels....in the event she is stuck with it...

@circles  LOL!  Actually most of the women and men wouldn't.  It is a nice gift for the teens though.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Their totes are nice as well, also on sale-

I like your totes idea better for a more generic gift...Yes, I am still worried about granny...hahaha....she could always use a tote...

Esteemed Contributor

The last few years our family has done alot of donating in the recipient's name....for the adults of course.  We all have most everything we need and this makes us all happy. Everyone has a special place in their heart for certain charities. Mine is The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

No, I wouldn't be happy with this gift, nor would i want socks, gloves, scarves, drugstore cologne or anything 'generic.'  Isn't the idea of gift giving is showing you thought of each person individually and what they would like?

The bags that @lolakimono showed are nice. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow