Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you be happy with this gift? Help!

[ Edited ]

Adult coloring book & colored pencils. (I didn't swipe it from my sister and she hasn't used it yet)

This year I bought the Cubs World Series throw from QVC & a sticker that says "I was a Cubs Fan before it was cool" from Amazon.

We have to go to Binny's for the beer.

Honored Contributor

I love Tervis tumblers.  I wouldn't want the coffee mug style though.  A gift card for a manicure or pedicure would be way out of the price range of the exchange.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I think the Tervis would make a great gift. 

What about a $25 Visa gift card?  

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

A gft like that would not make me at all happy, its common and most people have some sort of lidded cup already 

I have to agree that I wouldnt care for this. How about a manicure or pedicure gift card for a lady.

I would receive several of these each holiday and would give them away (not as re-gift).

I have no interest in a manacure or pedicure.  BUT HOW ABOUT A BOX OF CHOCOLATES?  I think that would be about as safe as you can get!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How about a fruit basket, a nice box of chocolates or gourmet popcorn?  A gift basket full of treats?  A basket with hand lotion, slipper socks and a nice candle?   Mugs with gourmet hot chocolate mix ( Williams Sonoma) also they have great peppermint bark.  Beautiful new tea towels or hand towels,    Postage stamps and a new pen.

I prefer to give and receive something that can be consumed or used.  I have too much stuff and hate to donate a gift that I will never use.

Respected Contributor

Our Family has done gift exchanges before-- I think it's easier if you try to find a theme, then find whole bunch of small gifts to put in it.  Here are some suggestions:

A Movie theme gift bag/basket--gourmet popcorn with movie tickets or DVDs.

A Pamperd themed gift bag/basket-- Nice body butter and shower gels. (Soap and Glory has some nice ones for around $20 at Walgreens)

A Kitchen themed gift bag/baskets-- nice kitchen towels (everyone needs some new kitchen towels) with little kitchen gadget or specialty jams and jellies.

Have fun with it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I admit up front I'm not much into this kind of thing, so don't hold my lack of creativity against me, or if that's your thing go ahead.

How about a Preloaded Master or Visa card in the set amount?

"Cash works for me!"  Pretty Woman

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Regular Contributor

I would be okay with it, but I would rather pick out the type of insulated cup or mug that I use myself.

I am with @QVCkitty1, I think socks make great gifts.  They make some really cute designs in the cozy socks that are fun.

I would suggest a flameless candle, some kind of cozy wrap (like the Angel Wrap HSN sells), a nice throw, or shower gel/body lotion.  Bath & Body Works will accept exchanges for their products if they don't like the scent.

Just as an aside, these exchanges drive me nuts.  I don't feel comfortable giving "generic" gifts but if I have to, I try to give something I like or use already.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@mima on the net....look for a product called key smart, my DH loves his and I am thinking about one for my excess keys.  There are several sites, but the basic model is around $20.00.  Let me know if you look it up and what you think.

Honored Contributor

A bag with a quick bread mix, a couple of dish towels or cloths, a pretty wooden spoon and some jam?  Something they can consume!

Real maple syrup and pancake mix?

Quick bread mix and a pound of coffee?

Dustcloths and Pledge?