Trusted Contributor

Re: Would you be happy with this gift? Help!

It wouldn't appeal to me at all but I do like the idea of a mani/pedi gift card. Can't go wrong with that!

Honored Contributor

@mima - I would definitely be happy! I don't think you can go wrong with Tervis with the age range you have. One of my friends is replacing all of her glasses with Tervis. They look nice and they're unbreakable. We are using them all of the time too. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I do not think an 18 year old or an 85 year old would be too thrilled with the coffee mug or lidded cup.     How about a nicely scented candle.

Honored Contributor

It's almost impossible to find gifts that "everyone" would like. With the Tervis, it wouldn't be great if the recipient doesn't drink coffee, or doesn't have a need for an insulated container. But honestly I can't think of much off-hand that is guaranteed to be a hit with all or most. Some don't drink, some don't eat out, so some would not be happy with a bottle of wine or a GC.

Don't sweat it TOO much; go with the Tervis if you like. I sure don't think it's a crummy gift, they are nice. And you can't be a mind reader.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

We've done that exchange for years. It's so much fun.

We have 4 young men so we always get some craft beer and snacks. 

Other gifts have been: small kitchen appliances, throws, wine, movie tickets, French White baker, hostess serving pieces, DVDs, Kcups & coffee mugs....

I have see if I can remember anything else.

Honored Contributor

@10grands wrote:

I do not think an 18 year old or an 85 year old would be too thrilled with the coffee mug or lidded cup.     How about a nicely scented candle.

I would think an 85-year-old would love a lidded drink container; they're useful for many things - the elderly know they have dexterity issues and might be pleased to lessen their spill or drop potential with a classic-looking container.

In all the years I was working, I was given many scented candles as Xmas gifts. I don't think I used any of them.

It just goes to show - there is no "everyone" liking or not liking/wanting with gifts.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

That's a very nice gift except SO many of us are up to our eyes with that kind of thing.

Esteemed Contributor

Scratch off lottery tickets always seem to do well in these type of gift exchanges.  just need to come up with a way of wrapping/presenting them.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

For the ones that already have insulated mugs and tumblers, you can always use more.  There are only two of us and we own 4 mugs and 4 tumblers between us.  They are always in the dishwasher.

Oh, we can trade if we want in the end after everything is open.  I guess we can take them back if no one want them.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I always like getting socks. They can be fuzzy or regular, pretty or funny. Almost everyone wears them at one time or another. Just a thought.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan