Esteemed Contributor

Would u offer a mask to others at shower or wedding?

What do you think about the idea of bringing a box of those surgical masks (kept completely sanitary) to a bridal shower and\or a small wedding and offering one to people not wearing a mask? Would you do this? (I am thinking about it as I try to decide on whether or not to attend these two events).

Trusted Contributor

Re: Would u offer a mask to others at shower or wedding?

[ Edited ]

It could create hostility and what will you do if people refuse?  I'd sooner not want to be there.  Right now I'm not going anywhere I can't be assured of people wearing masks.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't. But then I wouldn't attend either unless those being married were very close friends or famiily and then maybe I'd attend the wedding. I avoid both showers of all types and weddings as much as possible, and this is not an A.V. (after virus) kind of thing for me. I always have.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Heck no. I'm not the mask enforcer. I wouldn't attend a shower or wedding right now. 

Honored Contributor

If you are the host, maybe.

If you are a guest, no.

I have friends who were planning an October wedding before the $hit hit the fan and they decided to postpone it until next year.  That seemed like a smart decision to me.

Of course, if it's a baby shower, the date couldn't be changed, babies coming on their own time, but I think I'd just cancel it to protect everyone, particularly the mother to be and baby.  Send a gift, but don't put people in harm's way.

Honored Contributor

A guest bringing them and offering them?  If I were the invited guest and that concerned I would decline the invitation. 

Personally, I think it would be rude.

Esteemed Contributor

No. It's not my place.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

A guest bringing them and offering them?  If I were the invited guest and that concerned I would decline the invitation. 

Personally, I think it would be rude.

I agree with you but for some, rudeness isn't an issue... Still, those who think it isn't the place of a guest to dispense masks make sense, as do those indicating that if it's a big concern, just stay away...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361    New sign of the times...why not include a request to wear masks in the invitations?  If someone feels hostile about it, they can stay home.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Goldengate8361    New sign of the times...why not include a request to wear masks in the invitations?  If someone feels hostile about it, they can stay home.

That seems sensible and reasonable to me.