Honored Contributor

Re: Would u offer a mask to others at shower or wedding?

No.  It's rude, offensive, and inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't even be going to a shower or a wedding right now. Groups are limited to ten where I live, but all it takes is one selfish person without a mask to infect the other nine people.  I was not able to attend the funerals of a family member and two dear friends in March and April. Not even able to have a hospital visit to see them. People have lost their minds if they think having wedding or baby showers is safe now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess , what a great idea of the virutal baby shower!  

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess That is exactly what I thought... I was surprised that they were proceeding with the shower. The bride doesnt believe in living together before marriage and she is insisting on having a real wedding. They reduced the number of people to about 70..... and get this, theyre moving it to a small room in the church because the number is smaller! Makes no sense whatsover in Covid times.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

If you were throwing the shower or wedding, a box of masks for people who wanted one would be one thing, but I could see where a host would find it offensive if a guest offered masks to their other guests.  Here in CA, and I know other states, there is a huge anti-mask movement where people don't feel they do any good and in fact are more harm to the wearer, especially for the length of time of a wedding or a shower.   DD was invited to a baby shower this weekend and has declined.   Personally I am suprised she hasn't canceled the shower.  The baby is due in a few weeks. 

@Wsmom, thankfully, where I live in the state, I don't see or here much opposition at all. Just to be clear, masks do no harm. And those whose breathing might be adversely affected by a mask should probably stay home except for emergencies.

Believe it or not, there are fake mask exception cards available.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@lovesrecess That is exactly what I thought... I was surprised that they were proceeding with the shower. The bride doesnt believe in living together before marriage and she is insisting on having a real wedding. They reduced the number of people to about 70..... and get this, theyre moving it to a small room in the church because the number is smaller! Makes no sense whatsover in Covid times.

SMH, @Goldengate8361 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

The invitation should say masks required and the hostess could have extra masks for anyone who "forgot".  If you are a guest that would not be proper.  If you are worried just don't attend.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 , I am not an anti-masker.  Just relaying info on people who are.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@suzyQ3 , I am not an anti-masker.  Just relaying info on people who are.

Oh, I didn't infer that you were, @Wsmom. I was just adding info. I should have been clearer in my response.

Honored Contributor

Your family should be supportive and concerned about the level of risk they are asking you to put yourself in. Let them deal with any disapproval they have. Take care of yourself...whatever you need to do, or not do to feel safe....that’s the bottom line.