Honored Contributor

I don't think it was because of a 'holiday party'. This was planned. Sounds like wife this guy found on the Internet in another country converted him. (Can't say very much here)

Respected Contributor

Re: Would this surpise you?

[ Edited ]

Those of you who think this was merely 'workplace violence'; how many disgruntled workers are in possession of full riot gear in their homes?  LOL.  Anyone who invests in something like that is planning something...

Edit to add that he found his bride online in Saudi Arabia and brought her back.  I think we'll find that that was a turning point in some way.  I heard he was an American citizen, but NOT American-born.

Statement from Syed's father:  "“He was very religious. He would go to work, come back, go to pray, come back. He’s Muslim.”

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I don't think it was because of a 'holiday party'. This was planned. Sounds like wife this guy found on the Internet in another country converted him. (Can't say very much here)

So he goes to SA in April, comes home with a wife almost ready to deliver a baby?

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Not at all surprised a woman was involved.

Wonder if it had to do with there being a *holiday party*?

Was something antagonistic said. 

Did it just simply antagonize the employee?

Who do you know who keeps IEDs and remote control cars strapped with bombs in their homes just incase they are offended?

TBH, I just woke up (sick with terrible cold) and I haven't watched the news.  We turned it off last night because it was just too much. 

Respected Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

Those of you who think this was merely 'workplace violence'; how many disgruntled workers are in possession of full riot gear in their homes?  LOL.  Anyone who invests in something like that is planning something...

They must have thought they would live though the attack if they had GoPro's strapped to themselves filming the event.

Respected Contributor

No surprises at all in the whole thing.Their women are worse than men. Also it was a soft target, no security. 

And ,guys, it's only a preview. So buckle up.

Respected Contributor

Re: Would this surpise you?

[ Edited ]

No it doesn't surprise me.  My dad told me after 9/11 we would see attacks like this by males and females.  He also predicted we would see suicide bombers here, too.  What were my dad's credentials ?  Better than a lot of these so called "experts" on the news.  He was a Colonel in the Marine Corps and studied terrorism around the world.  I'm really tired of this over eager media that spouts off and makes things up before all the details have emerged. Mr. O needs to call it for what it is.  Te**oism.  So tired of him. 

Respected Contributor

@Q2girl wrote:

No it doesn't surprise me.  My dad told me after 9/11 we would see attacks like this by males and females.  He also predicted we would see suicide bombers here, too.  What were my dad's credentials ?  Better than a lot of these so called "experts" on the news.  He was a Colonel in the Marine Corps and studied terrorism around the world.  I'm really tired of this over eager media that spoouts off and makes things up before all the details have emerged. Mr. O needs to call it for what it is.  Te**oism.  So tired of him. 

What's even worse, IMO, are the posters who so quickly jump in to compare this to Christianity.  What is wrong with these people and why can't they come to grips with what's currently sweeping the world?  A person of the Christian faith who kills an abortion doctor is a completely different event and to try to compare is merely an effort to deflect, deflect, deflect.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

Closed for commenting due to controversial comments.