Respected Contributor

@sidsmom

@sidsmom wrote:

Tying into another active thread as of this writing,

"what used to be called that, is now called this....":

What used to be called 'postal'

is now called.....'Wednesday'.

I saw this on Twitter...and had to share.

😢

Sadly, that seems to be the case any more, doesn't it

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

No, I wasn't surprised at all because I first heard the name of the man.

This suspect's name was leaked on Twitter.  Was he married to the female?

I haven't heard anything to that point. If it turns out to be "workplace violence," they were certainly prepared. But then again, Workplace violence seems to be the new word for the "T" word.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry. Your point seems weak.  We don't know anything for sure, but the signs seem to be pointing at workplace violence which I supposed you could broadly categorize as domestic terror. Other than that, I think you are wrong.  The terms are not interchangeable.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

@mstyrion 1

I had already posted the link (before  MaggieMacks post) to the LA Times that Farook was an employee and this was more than probably a workplace act of of violence - well planned.  he rented a car on Monday and most parties are planned in advance and everyone puts it on their calendars.  He was at the function and returned.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-bernardino-shooting-live-updates-htmlstory.html

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

not at all,

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@mstyrion 1

I had already posted the link (before  MaggieMacks post) to the LA Times that Farook was an employee and this was more than probably a workplace act of of violence - well planned.  he rented a car on Monday and most parties are planned in advance and everyone puts it on their calendars.  He was at the function and returned.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-bernardino-shooting-live-updates-htmlstory.html

yep.

I think people are too quick to jump to the "terrorism" assumption before all facts are known.  Especially so if the suspect doesn't have an "American" name.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

ladyroxanne...I agree with you. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

A little surprised, but this really shocks me is they had a 6 month old baby, gave it to grandma, these people were prepared for  for this,with all their gear.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

If one of today's suspects was a female?  I'm hearing rumblings and have to admit to being a little shocked if it comes to pass........

This morning's headlines on my local news:

The situation in CA.

A suburban man in his 40s committed murder suicide with his girlfriend.

A man who lived in farm country (late 50s) went to his next door neighbor's home early in the morning, entered through an unlocked door, shot him in his sleep...went home, set his house on fire, then shot at the firefighters. He asked them to kill him (suicide by cop). After 5 hours, he was subdued and captured alive.

All suburban or country. All shootings.

We now have an average of one mass shooting a day (definition - 4 or more people killed or wounded).

It's NOT just in the "inner city" - it's an epidemic.

Honored Contributor

They had a 6 month old baby - that is also shocking to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@mstyrion 1

yep.

I think people are too quick to jump to the "terrorism" assumption before all facts are known.  Especially so if the suspect doesn't have an "American" name.

Looks like a duck, etc. Law enforcement, forensic pathologists are calling it terrorism this morning. The house is an IED factory. Go Cams to film it all. Only a deep and pernicious ideology would cause a woman to put herself in the position to orphan a 6-month-old. The scary thing is that this group wasn't even on a watch list. The guys that were at the house every night building things in the garage will be on somebody's list today, thank goodness. I want to hug the cop who said, "Don't worry, I'll take a bullet first." I can't even imagine having that kind of bravery. God Bless them who put their lives on the line every day for our safety. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop